Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Book Recycling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As many of you know, we have a member here (CARDS4) who has generously given away several magazines to our fellow detectorists. I like that kind of spirit, and the offering of donating items to fellow members might be something useful to partake in.

Would anyone be interested if I created a specific thread, which would be solely for members seeking to donate books and other miscellaneous hobby related stuff?

Even speaking just for myself, there are many times I have little need for an item, and it might serve a better purpose for someone else, instead of collecting dust or being shoved I the garbage.

If you think it is something useful, and we would actually use, speak up and I'll get the thread going. I'll even kickstart it with an item or two I have sitting around.

Joe
Man Joe, you got a CTX 3030 or Deus laying around? Chuckle And Cards54 (RJ) has sent me a few which I've recycled through the group. Thank you RJ! A separate thread though would just be another task. PM's worked fine. You could do the same thing with the classifieds for members only and simplify the process.

Ed
I too want to thank Cards54 - RJ again, and I hope he is doing well. I did recycle his magazines to local friends and sent RJ a few in return.

I don't have a comment on your suggestion - sorry because I have been out of touch with your site due to family matters and stuff so really don't want too at this time.
I've been tossing this one around for awhile. I like the idea of recycling older books, and have already been the beneficiary of a nice gift, and have sent out some material myself, arranged through a PM.  How to do it is the question. Threads tend to be temporary and sometimes quickly buried under fast breaking new posts in new threads. A few might see and respond then the rest may never realize such a plan exists. I wonder if there might be an always open arena that every reader could see, maybe like changing title of "Contest and Giveaways" to "Contest, Giveaways, Donations & Recycling"
      pop in and win cool stuff
      share books, materials with members.
Then anyone could post at any time what they might not need anymore, or someone else could say "know where I can find .......?"   The time tag: today 4:10pm (for example) would let folks know how current it is. This channel isn't used too much, so the thread might stay current longer.
This is a friendly forum and I think the idea of sharing fits with that concept. I'd like to hear other ideas.
By the way Joe: since you mentioned maybe taking a look at "Underworld"  in your Treasure Library thread earlier, I have an extra copy and it will be on the way to you as soon as I go to the post office. Recycling at work!
(10-30-2016 03:28 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I've been tossing this one around for awhile. I like the idea of recycling older books, and have already been the beneficiary of a nice gift, and have sent out some material myself, arranged through a PM.  How to do it is the question. Threads tend to be temporary and sometimes quickly buried under fast breaking new posts in new threads. A few might see and respond then the rest may never realize such a plan exists. I wonder if there might be an always open arena that every reader could see, maybe like changing title of "Contest and Giveaways" to "Contest, Giveaways, Donations & Recycling"
      pop in and win cool stuff
      share books, materials with members.
Then anyone could post at any time what they might not need anymore, or someone else could say "know where I can find .......?"   The time tag: today 4:10pm (for example) would let folks know how current it is. This channel isn't used too much, so the thread might stay current longer.
This is a friendly forum and I think the idea of sharing fits with that concept. I'd like to hear other ideas.
By the way Joe: since you mentioned maybe taking a look at "Underworld"  in your Treasure Library thread earlier, I have an extra copy and it will be on the way to you as soon as I go to the post office. Recycling at work!

Thank you, Shade, that was unexpected, and and beyond kind! I promise to pass it forward after I read it, so someone else in our community can enjoy it, too Yes

Joe
I do not have a very extensive library , but I think it would be a nice addition to the site. 
  What a great idea Joe , and what a great way to make the idea work Shade. I hope to see this work out any info we share with each other only makes the great finds we all like to read about more likely.
Pat
I like the idea as well. I've received, recycled and given. I've enjoyed all the transactions from speaking with shade and receiving/giving...magazines from RJ... and ED along with a Trump sticker! It's a great idea for us to share what we no longer use/read or want to give away. Plus it allows us to communicate more individually and personally.
I'd have some things I'd put up I no longer use.
Reference URL's