Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: farm work 1, detecting 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saturday was a fine day here, mild, breezy; ideal for MDing. But you see where I was! I am so far behind in chores on the place that detecting just has to come later.
I did gutter cleaning, wood splitting, porch cleaning and winterizing the lawn mower.
You can tell from the expression my daughter's camera caught, I'd rather be detecting.
I used to cut about 10 cords a year , would burn 6 , so I'd catch a break about every third year or so. Tried to cut green and let it dry for a year before splitting. It was heavier to load but at least you could back right up to the forest and start cutting. I can't say I miss the chores living in the city but DO miss the elk at the kitchen windowHappy
(10-31-2016 03:36 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Saturday was a fine day here, mild, breezy; ideal for MDing. But you see where I was! I am so far behind in chores on the place that detecting just has to come later.
I did gutter cleaning, wood splitting, porch cleaning and winterizing the lawn mower.
You can tell from the expression my daughter's camera caught, I'd rather be detecting.

Yepper, we'd all rather be detecting Yes Looks like a nice sized place you have, Shade. As for the chores, better to get them out of the way so you can detect with a clear head, later. I've been out in the field on more than one occasion (ok, a lot!) when I've neglected to do a honey-do, put off paying a bill, etc., and it usually comes back to bite me in the a$$!!!

Get'r done, and then get detecting Wink

Joe
When I saw your title I was worried it was related to Ed's post about Warren county Ohio Tongue.
  It's kind of a bummer that we are born to detect but forced to work.
Pat
Well God Bless you Shade! I quit that "Wood Warms You Twice.", stuff when I moved out of PA!! But then bought a house in Cleveland with a fireplace, so I wound up just ordering it and let the kids stack it. But Joe's right. You just have to get all that pre winter stuff done or you end up kicking yourself later. I had a gas powered splitter way back when. What a blessing that was. I'd die and go to heaven if I had real property right now. Being stuck in an apartment complex with 549 other families is an eyeopener compared to being out in the country and doing your own thing!

Weather for November is going to be great overall so you'll get your chance to MD!

Nice pic BTW! Yes I'm jealous! Crying

Ed
At least you're still our there and kicking it! Gotta do what you gotta do. Hopefully detecting will get a chance soon. Hope all has been well,
Zach
Shade that is a great picture. Glad you are getting stuff done and then you can relax and enjoy the rest of the month detecting.
Thanks for all the sympathetic comments fellas. Here's hoping I can try a little this weekend. Ed your mention of the apartment complex reminded me of my days in DC.  Would have been wealthier if I'd stayed, but I couldn't take the crowd. Now I'm poor but happy. When I go out all I see are woods in every direction, filled with deer and turkeys, and all other kinds of critters, and best of all no neighbors within a mile.
Reference URL's