Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 56 FTY Rosie, Henry V. Allien Button, early Memorials!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, my counts are now back up to reality. I posted a 54 Rosie on 9-18-2016 as # 50 which it in fact was. But I missed it in my tally because I didn't take a pic of the front and back and file it like I normally do. So 56 it is actually, today.

Went to these woods that I hammered to death and said instead of climbing through the woods, because I only had about an hour and a half, why don't I just do the edges of the trail! Genius henna? In 15 minutes I pop the Rosie! Then 3 memorials, what looks like it was a kids earring and of all things a button with the shank! I think it says Henry V. Allien & Co. N. Y. I think it may be a Federal Staff Button from the Civil War but the front is pretty toasted. I guess they made all kinds of buttons through the late 1880's though, so it could just be a regular coat button.

Have fun out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Nice finds Ed. You have almost twice as many silvers as I have so far for the year.
Gerry
Each sliver counts, even if it's a loner. Steady as she goes Ed; you're doing quite well, and we enjoy seeing your finds and the story behind them posted here.
I ready Henry V and thought you got some old coin, but it was the button. Which still ended up cool. Let's just say it's civil war. Shame they come up toasty so often. Still a good day for sure. You're hitting alot of older buttons recently. Matter of time till you might end up with a seated or early barber. Keep it up and happy hunting
Chalk up another great hunt for Ed , I always enjoy your posts . I won't even comment on how far ahead of me you are in the silver count ( or the number of quality hours spent with your detector). 
   It's a shame the button is so toasty , I enjoy seeing the old buttons people find.
You have hit quite a few buttons , keep it up and you will catch up with Zach.
HH
Pat
Nice silver, Ed, and your piling is quickly growing for 2016 Yes I really like that button. Been a little while since I found of those. We got about another 5 or 6 weeks, before the weather starts to dip into the chill zone here in NJ, unless Mother Nature decides to play nice. I'm sure it's the same story by you too, so, get out as much as you can now, before we're all forced into hibernation.

Joe
Ed, congratulations on those cool finds! I like your idea of hitting the sides of a trail.
I do the sides of cement walkway or curbs from time to time and do get coins.
Nice, now your only 40 behind me!
That 52 is so happy Rosevelt is smiling its so happy to be an Ed find!
Congratulations on the silver! Yes, that button is old. Looks like it has a reef around the edges. Like our old coins. Anyway , good job. Gl!
Reference URL's