Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Coin and Relic Diggin Last 2 Saturdays - Some CW Pieces :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the CTX and Musky to a couple of machine gun iron type sites I've dug many times in the past that my 2 hunting buddies have given up on because they say they're dug out/a waste of time Big Grin

They're they type that when you pull up to a site = if they're not stuffing their pockets full of old coins in 5/10 minutes and/or the iron is so thick that you can't swing 6 inches without constant iron grunting = then they want to leave/find someplace else to dig (which is why) I smoke them in finds time and time again and make them jealous Big Grin

One of the sites is where an 1850s gen store sat until around 1900 and the other is an old 1850s homesite that belonged to a military man who served in the CW

The CTX continues to amaze me with the little 6" coil on the finds I consistently make in heavy iron and is why I've not been without one since they 1st came out. I've bought/sold 3 Deus's, and a good dozen other top end machines since then but I've always had a CTX since their release (2nd one now) and never leave home without it when I'm heading to the iron fields.

And the Musky? What can I say = it's got to be one of the best and deepest I've used in the type of sites I dig as it has found things every top dog machine in the last decade has missed on these sites I hunt Yes

I spent 5 hrs on each site fighting a constant barrage of machine gun iron AND beanstalks which is like playing/being a pinball as the coil bumps off one and into another (very frustrating and challenging) No but as you can see = can be a rewarding endeavor IF you have the patience and skill to hunt sites like these Happy

I believe it's possible that there may be a Sword/Belt Plate somewhere on the house site as I found 2 sword hanger/swivels that came off the belt so I'll be going back with a different type of machine to do a thorough/in-depth search in hopes of finding it Happy

Only showing the best of the best here but believe me = I dug a TON of iron/scrap, horseshoes, reigns guides, plow points, spikes, flat iron, bits & pieces of copper/brass, etc. not worth showing.

Keep it swinging Big Grin

[Image: IMG_3510_zpsti14e2zt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3511_zps4hkbidmc.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3512_zpsozjzwcms.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3514_zpsetljxoqo.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3515_zpsgp62tgap.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3516_zpsrkkb7isj.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3517_zpsbvlitukt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3519_zpsccqauqto.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3538_zpsy3tiodfy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3539_zpswqphlqqq.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3540_zpsq8iyghdr.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3543_zpse5mbchet.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3542_zpstg1hger3.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3541_zpsyrrf1qxx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3521_zpsvvsmya0b.jpg]
More super digs MRH! You are in a class all by yourself. Anybody who wants to do serious relic hunting should heed your advice and example. Stay on it and dig and dig! Love the 3 center, one of the most interesting American designs. Did you just find an Alien figurine? Weird.  I'd love to get a look at your display cases.
Dang MRH, You tore it up! Killer finds. Wish I could go on a hunt with you. Congrats!
Very Nice finds I think next year will be awesome with everything I have learned this first year. Its Posts like yours that and everyone elses that I read over and over so when I go out I say Hey this guy swung it slow and steady in the trash I can do it too!
Great days for sure! Love the 3 center as well, beautiful shape. Keep it up and HH
WOW!!! Killer hunt, Wayne Wink Love everything, but that old token & the trime are what gets me excited! You must've been tap dancing all the way back home, lol. I know I would've! What's with the little alien dude?

Joe
Congratulations, those are some pretty cool finds!
(11-14-2016 01:12 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]WOW!!! Killer hunt, Wayne Wink Love everything, but that old token & the trime are what gets me excited! You must've been tap dancing all the way back home, lol. I know I would've! What's with the little alien dude?

Joe

LOL

Yeah - I was pretty giddy when I dug that silver 3 center Happy

Token is cool too but I've dug like 10 of that same one over the yrs so I wasn't as elated when I saw that come to light but I'm not complaining by any means Wink

I like the 3 center and the horse bridle rosette most of all Yes

The little figure thing Keith told me he thinks is a possum figure. I texted him a pic. We keep in constant communication and text ea other while in the field/during hunts lol

Beer

PS
thanks for all the comments guys!
Great finds Wayne! Man, I love that three center and that rosette as well! Hope everyone sees that slowing down and having patience is a real key to making discoveries in no matter what kind of ground conditions! I know a guy here that's retired and when he goes out, he'll spend an hour digging up a 10 foot x 10 foot area until he's satisfied there's nothing left! Grass or woods! And he's made some great finds in machine gun noise territory. Great hunt. Good luck on the next outing!

Ed
That is a sweet hunting by a experience hunter! You know how to work the land and machines. Wow those coins and relics are amazing. Hope you get that sword plate too. I know it would be well deserved. Thanks for sharing.
Reference URL's