Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Rain, Glorious Rain!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We picked up about an 1" or so of agua today, which isn't the greatest, but surely helps the soil out a bit, and puts a dent in our drought situation. Looks like more coming next week, too. That deserves a happy dance Yes
Shweeeet nice! It was supposed to hit me as well but ended up not coming further south. I was really looking forward to it to open up the fields a bit more for tomorrow...owell!
Yeah baby, happy dance for sure......keep it coming on my work days only....no that is selfish, sorry about that one
We had light mist for several hours yesterday but it didn't penetrate the ground at all. Went out today to transplant some flowers sent to my wife by well-wishers. It was a real effort to get a small pot-sized hole with a big standard shovel and lots of heavy leg work. Hand digging with a small detector knife would be extremely hard. Week six with no rain coming up.
Shade, I feel your pain, hope your wife is doing better.
If you can get out for a bit try a tot lot. It helps take the edge off of not being able to detect....I know that's just crazy....but it is a crazy hobby
(11-15-2016 11:42 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]We had light mist for several hours yesterday but it didn't penetrate the ground at all. Went out today to transplant some flowers sent to my wife by well-wishers. It was a real effort to get a small pot-sized hole with a big standard shovel and lots of heavy leg work. Hand digging with a small detector knife would be extremely hard. Week six with no rain coming up.

Yep, same deal here, Shade. From about June onward the "rain" was limited to a few showers every couple of weeks. And with temps in the 80's & 90's, the ground was basically baked into a crisp. The precip we had yesterday was basically the first heavy, sizable storm to hit us since Spring.

I hope you get some rainfall there soon, so you can get some swinging in before Old Man Winter rears his ugly head.

Joe
Light rain past 30 minutes here. Woooooooo!
Reference URL's