Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The 1840s - 1940s Forgotten Ghost-town That Never Stops Giving :-D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Took the CTX (6" coil) and Musky (7" coil) out for another 2 days worth of diggin at my fav ghost-town site that never ceases to impress with all it continues to give after 5 yrs now/since I found it Yes

1st day (Friday was cold/miserable drizzle/sleet and wind) so I didn't get any infield pics that day and today (Sunday) was decent low 40s no rain/etc but both days I had to fight the mud sticking to me/boots, shovel, detector, phone, etc!

Pics tell the story but worth mention

a few toe taps
a nice heal plate
1917 merc
1925 and 40s wheats
a 1867 two center
a 1863 Detroit MI store card
a WWI/WW2 Gen service coat button
some sweater/cuff buttons
old spoon
brass buckle
giant barn spike
some bits/pieces of pewter, lead, copper, brass, harmonica reeds, etc
Not shown is a nice axehead I dug, some large/r iron, a pot belly stove foot, and some other large relics still in the back of the truck Happy

Hope you'all are gettin out and diggin some good stuff to (tu)

MRH

[Image: corn_zpsypklosod.jpg]

[Image: corn3_zpsoldp8fgc.jpg]

[Image: corn5_zpso5peqbnn.jpg]

[Image: corn4_zpsaemchpwd.jpg]

[Image: corn1_zpsox1z6jw0.jpg]

[Image: corn2_zpsebtyffne.jpg]
Congrats on all the great stuff! Especially like the 2 center and store token. And the Merc, of course. You got a hell of a field their MRH!

Ed
That's what I'm talkin about Yes Excellent digs, Wayne. Love the token and eagle button. I got the exact same heel plate with the heart, one of my favorite pieces. Do you believe in the woman of the night theory, or that the heel's were used to leave markings of nearby water sources for fellow troops? I've heard guys debate back and forth about the real usage of the plates, and I have no clue. But I do know that I like that lady of the night theory Inlove LOL. Fantastic hunt. Makes me wish I lived closer to the sticks Wink
(11-27-2016 09:08 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I'm talkin about Yes Excellent digs, Wayne. Love the token and eagle button. I got the exact same heel plate with the heart, one of my favorite pieces. Do you believe in the woman of the night theory, or that the heel's were used to leave markings of nearby water sources for fellow troops? I've heard guys debate back and forth about the real usage of the plates, and I have no clue. But I do know that I like that lady of the night theory Inlove LOL. Fantastic hunt. Makes me wish I lived closer to the sticks Wink

LoL

I'm not sure Joe - that debate's been going on forever now but I have heard many claim that the women of the night would mark the dirt with those heal plates to signal they were open for business Think
Well not totaly forgotten nice Relics what numbers did the glass ring up Happy The white glazed torso is a bit erie looking. Maybe ladies put those heels on so they would know if a different woman had been comeing around !
Very nice relicsCool
I can see why you like the site so much. Lot's of hard work to get all those items but the results speak for themselves. Nice find with the 2 cent coin and the heel plate. Like them both.
Nice finds for two days, quite alot of everything. Looks to be a similar heel plate chris (relicmedic) got recently, with the heart. Good stuff. Keep at it and happy hunting!
Cool digs for sure, congratulations on those finds!
Congratulations on the awesome hunting. From the looks of it, it is indeed a special place. You have a nice selections of silver, buttons, glass and relics. Good job and keep them coming.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's