Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Probably my last hunt of the year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=9126]I finally got to detect the pile of dirt that my neighbor dug up to put in a wading pool for her grandkids. It is the only part of her yard she would give permission for. It was COLD (37 degrees and windy) , but with the threat of 1/2 to 1 inch of snow in the next day and possibly an Arctic blast on Sunday that could bring 6 plus inches , I decided to tough it out.
   No offense to Cladjunky , but I will not post the $1.07 in clad I found , but I did dig the most tarnished merc I have ever taken out of the ground a 1944 and a toy sheriff badge that seems to be made of cast iron. It weighs quite a bit for it's size , it could not have been in the ground long it has no rust. It does seem to have a waxy coating on it.
   There has been a house on this site since around the 1850s , so I will keep the feelers out for a chance to detect the whole yard. 
   I hope everyone is staying warm and free of frozen ground.
HH 
Pat[attachment=9126]
That badge is a TERRIFIC piece, Pat! Love finding stuff like that, as it makes the hunt more interesting, and adds a story to the day. And a merc, too Yes

Where are you again? We're facing the same fate here in NJ. Might have one more hunt left before the ground freezes or it's too cold to detect. High's are only supposed to be upper 30's from tomorrow through next weekend, so it looks like our detecting days are numbered.

Congrats on capitalizing on your neighbors digout Wink
Congratulations on the toy badge and Merc! That badge looks in great condition and from a little searching on the web it is vintage. Two nice keepers for sure.

Hope you get to hunt the rest of the yard too. Thanks for sharing and stay warm.
Love the badge. If we're lucky here in New Jersey we'll get one more hunt in this Sunday.
Gerry
Oh my lanta. Nice badge! That's a nice relic, love it. Best of luck in the new year!!!
(12-08-2016 10:25 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That badge is a TERRIFIC piece, Pat! Love finding stuff like that, as it makes the hunt more interesting, and adds a story to the day. And a merc, too Yes

Where are you again? We're facing the same fate here in NJ. Might have one more hunt left before the ground freezes or it's too cold to detect. High's are only supposed to be upper 30's from tomorrow through next weekend, so it looks like our detecting days are numbered.

Congrats on capitalizing on your neighbors digout Wink

Joe I am in the soon to be frozen tundra of Southeast Michigan , about 35 miles southwest of Ann Arbor ( home to University of Michigan). Maybe we will both get lucky and get a big January thaw. ( hey a guy can hope can't he?)
Pat
Pat, very cool digs for sure, congratulations! And yeah it is cold out there.
Congrats on the Merc and the cool badge! Yes Looks the same here weather wise on the far West side of Cleveland. And Sunday they're saying 8"+ for our section so I will be probably be busy being Suzy Homemaker for the remainder of the season! Have a great holiday season Pat!

Ed
Pat I find myself sending pretty much the same message to a lot of friends. Sorry to hear that your season is likely over. But you found a way to close it out with a bang. Silver and a really neat little badge. Really like it and I imagine some little fella was heartbroken when he realized it was lost. Stay warm and safe.
Reference URL's