Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Party's Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been average to above average temperature-wise here in NJ so far this Fall. But looks like that's about to change. Another Polar Vortex is dropping down from up North tomorrow, and if it's anything like the one we had 2 years ago, it's going to be real cold and snowy ahead. I'm hoping the ground won't freeze next week, but there's a good chance it will with the temps they're predicting. So, my detecting jaunts might be over soon No

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2902960
Nooooooooooooooooooooo......!!!!!ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....stay away snow!
Yikes, I have to get out my long underwear with the flap in the back!
(12-08-2016 08:22 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yikes, I have to get out my long underwear with the flap in the back!

Tomorrow and Saturday will be bad. The latter part of next week will be downright MISERABLE.
Sorry to hear the dire predictions Joe. You and Gerry have been doing well lately and I was hoping you two could continue on for a bit longer. I've enjoyed seeing Gerry's good work with his new detector, and your nice finds as well. I guess many hunters have actually been fortunate to hunt successfully for so long in the mild weather. It is mid-December after all and time for the cold to hit. If you can't get out, stay absorbed with good books, documentaries, and read about the E-trac you want. Anything to avoid cabin fever.
(12-08-2016 10:13 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear the dire predictions Joe. You and Gerry have been doing well lately and I was hoping you two could continue on for a bit longer. I've enjoyed seeing Gerry's good work with his new detector, and your nice finds as well. I guess many hunters have actually been fortunate to hunt successfully for so long in the mild weather. It is mid-December after all and time for the cold to hit. If you can't get out, stay absorbed with good books, documentaries, and read about the E-trac you want. Anything to avoid cabin fever.

I'll manage to keep myself busy, Shade. And I know you will, as well. Fortunately, we have lots of hunters from warmer weather states here, too, so we can all live vicariously through them over the colder Winter.

This is my home, and I'll be here chatting away with the guys like always, only with less finds to show on my part.

I still think I have another couple of hunts left, before all goes downhill for good.
I put my long johns on somewhere around October 15th and make a regular habit of wearing them until April 15th. (My long johns are my fuzzy flannel PJ's, cause I'm way too lazy!!!!) But snow is coming here too, although I don't think we'll get as much on the West side as those poor people over in Kirtland, OH already got: 15" !!!!!! And more on the way!!!!

So I guess it's time to start tumbling and rolling clad, organizing finds, etc...

Ed
(12-09-2016 08:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I put my long johns on somewhere around October 15th and make a regular habit of wearing them until April 15th. (My long johns are my fuzzy flannel PJ's, cause I'm way too lazy!!!!) But snow is coming here too, although I don't think we'll get as much on the West side as those poor people over in Kirtland, OH already got: 15" !!!!!! And more on the way!!!!

So I guess it's time to start tumbling and rolling clad, organizing finds, etc...

Ed

Winter is for taking care of all the crap we neglected to do during detecting season Chuckle

We're still clinging to life here in NJ, Ed. It's teetering. An arctic chill blows in, then it'll be in the upper 30's or 40's for the next few days. But once a prolonged cold spell happens - 4 or 5 days of temps in the teens or 20's - it's lights out for us. It was 71 here last Christmas! I hope to have the same (or near) luck this year, but I don't think it's gonna roll that way.
Yeah baby, long johns it is and a hoodie - I went out today for about 30 minutes and my fingers got cold after the third memorial cent I dug up. I had to try this privet area. House is long gone and the trees are very tall. I hit one side a few weeks back and found clad but waited to hit the north side due to high weeds. Well I can scratch that one off my list and move onto another site. After I left that one I was going to another but they were busy building the first floor and I didn't want to disturb the workers.
I might hit it tomorrow if the weather holds up.
I know most of you will not believe me. But we have had a few cold fronts move in. The ocean temp as been as low as 64 degrees and even with a wet suit that's cold to me and the surf is up. I will still try to get in the water, for a little bit, but it forces me to do more wet sand and dry sand hunting. Numb hands and feet hurt. Not to mention being slammed by waves.
Most depositors are gone from our beaches and we look for erosion for older items. Or we might go inland and try to find something else. Good luck everyone, hope you're able to find something to occupy your time.
Reference URL's