Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #61 & Probably the last for 2016 & a bunch of stuff!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pretty certain that today was my last day for the season. I stayed home yesterday and played Susy Homemaker all day long. But even though it was 25F out today with about a 10 mph wind and snow showers, I decided to go explore some woods I've been to before but to go way further in, about 3/4 mile. Was out about 4 hours. It's not too tough to do considering there are trails right to the spots I wanted to try. Anyway I was able to turn up a 1958 Rosie with a 1920 Wheat in the same hole. Also found a bridle rivet, an aluminum kids Indian Chief ring and what appears to be either a 1930 or 1939 dogtag.

On some prior days I got a bucket list item of what appears to be a Toy Soldier Swordsman made by Britains Ltd., London, England. Can't narrow a date down on it but found it near a farm barbed wire fence, "Way Out" in the woods, so some farmer must have had his child with him for the day. Then another bridle rivet, bird tag, a couple of buckyballs or pistol balls. Then in another area a cosmetic case which has a mesh back on it. That got me going because when I first pulled it out of the hole I thought it might be a coin purse! (10" down) Nope! Also included in the bulk photo is what appears to be a bridle rosette of some sort. No markings whatsoever on that one.

Then, last but not least, a pull tab, which is the first ever one I pulled up in the scoop from the shores of Lake Erie! And of course most of the related clad from the above trips.

This year has been a real kick for me! It's been an adventure, a learning experience and some of the best hunting I've ever done so far. I've covered areas I've never covered before, discovered different ways to hunt and all in all had the time of my life doing it. Out there in the woods mostly and on some grass in the parks.

The snow is coming from now until well past this upcoming weekend. And a lot of it. So I piled most of my important finds on in today's post so some of you guys can get your fix!

Have FUN out there Guys and Gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed
Very nice finds Ed! Loving the toy soldier. Good stories as usual. Congrats on #61 for the year. But you never know, hopefully you're able to get out once more.
Ed, I'm starting to get a little teary-eyed. I didn't expect to see so many posters talking about the last hunt all on the same day. If you, Pat, Gerry, Tony, Zach, and Joe are ready to hang it up, how am I going to get my daily finds fix? Since I don't get out often I depend on you guys for some good pics and stories. But if it was your last you finished off a good year in style. Congratulations on it all.  I have enjoyed following you through the woods of Ohio and feel like I know them by heart. Thanks for taking me along.
Nice digs, Ed. That is an unusual makeup compact for sure. Never saw one with a mesh backing before. Congrats on #61 Beer

This weekend won't be too bad, high's in the upper 30's, so might be able to squeak another hunt out, but the latter part of next week is going to be FRIGID, with high's only in the 20's. 3 or 4 days like that and the ground will be like steel.

Don't worry, Spring is right around the corner Think
Ed, congratulations on # 61, WTG! Love the lead figure and the compact case is just crazy.

I too learned a good deal more this year, trying different things on my machine, experiencing the silver drought. I also enjoyed your posts and everyone else's because I get to hear different ideas about settings, places to hunt or good information about what things are that we find.

Best of luck to you and all, I hope you don't get too much snow.
Nice digs Ed

love the lead toy guy and rosett Yes

BeerBeer
(12-08-2016 09:57 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, I'm starting to get a little teary-eyed. I didn't expect to see so many posters talking about the last hunt all on the same day. If you, Pat, Gerry, Tony, Zach, and Joe are ready to hang it up, how am I going to get my daily finds fix? Since I don't get out often I depend on you guys for some good pics and stories. But if it was your last you finished off a good year in style. Congratulations on it all.  I have enjoyed following you through the woods of Ohio and feel like I know them by heart. Thanks for taking me along.

I was a hopin' you'd not breakdown and get slobbery. Chuckle But alas, Old Man Winter is finally upon us up here in the North. No Snow and cold for us is both a scenic treasure and a detecting curse.

Now our Northern independence has turned to dependence from all you guys and gals down there in the Great South, and the Golden West Coast, to keep us wide eyed and anxious for Spring! Yes

And thanks Shade! It's been one a hellofa trip with all of the members this year! So many great finds! YesYesYesYes BeerBeerBeerBeer

Ed
Heart The Indian ring , the lead figure and of course that shiney round thing. That compact would have gotten my heart racing coming out of the hole too. Not a coin purse , but still a great find .
The thing I will miss the most is feeling like I am along side of you for the hunt.
   Maybe it will be an early thaw .  Thanks for all of the adventures this season Ed.
Stay warm.
Pat
Gratz and Sad I took the detectors out of the car on Thursday now its a few months of shaft research with pvc/aluminum/ and maybe graphite eww I can't wait for the spring time now! Today I'm off to work to remove snow its like metal detecting because Overtime is like GOLD! We need you Southern Dirt Fishers to carry us! Post post post!
Congratulations on 61 silvers! Lot of neat finds and great finds and awesome stories. You sharing your experiences is enjoyable and appreciated. Hope the weather allows you to hunt. If not, hope winter is mild and next year is even better. Stay warm, most of all stay safe. Thank Ed.
Reference URL's