Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello from Central Illinios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Ben Town

Just like to say hello from Central Illinios, more like Antarctica today.
I was told about the classified adds from a friend and then found the forums.
Been reading through the threads , lots of good info .
I'm retired and recently wanted to get back into the hobbie after 20 years off, due to that work thing. But those days are over.
Used to have Garretts, a GroundHog, and ADS DeepSeeker.
After researching the new machines available was going to get a new ATPro and then happened onto a Used Minelab Safari.The original buyer bought it , opened the box and fired it up and must have been over come by all the noises and sent it back.
So basically new with full warrantee.
Used it for several months and decided I needed more discrimination and ID, so was looking at a E Track and found a killer deal on a new CTX3030 so traded in the Safari and now use the 3030.
I've read and reread Andys 3030 book, a wealth of useful info on setup and in depth info on all the controls and what they do.
So after modifying the stock modes and adding a few I've spent a lot of time in my detector garden , changing settings to test what they do back and forth.
I'm ready for some serious coin and relic hunting and then the weather turns for the worse.
I've got some time at my favorite relic hunting spot and will be back there before crops go in in the spring.
Lots of spots lined up but ran out of time.
Other hobbies are Astronomy,
I have two very nice telescopes that I travel all over the country to find dark skies to observe from.
The wife and myself have a 37' fifth wheel that we travel with friends all around the country in search of dark skies , good food and new friends.
So now the 3030 will be packed in the fiver next to the scope ready to go when needed.
We should be in the desert southwest now but due to some recent family issues will have to brave the mid wests winter one more time;-)
If anyone's close to my location introduce yourself
BT
Welcome, B.T. Beer Glad to have you aboard! I went a similar route in regards to Safari. Most able unit I've ever owned. Found a lot with it. But I need something with a hair more speed, and better separation ability, so I'm now selling the Safari as our season is over, and I'll be acquiring an Etrac before Spring.

I'll have to hook you up with my buddy. He too is a detectorist, but he's also big into astronomy. He has all types of telescopes, refractors, etc.

I may need to pick your brain about the RV stuff. I'm looking into getting one, but not a 5th wheel. Something smaller like a Tab travel trailer. My ultimate dream would be to work 6 or 8 months out of the year, and travel the rest of the time, detecting and visiting places across the country.

Andy's books are some of the best, IMO. Keep us updated on your progress with the CTX, as well as posting any finds you make.

Joe
(12-14-2016 11:37 AM)Ben Town Wrote: [ -> ]Just like to say hello from Central Illinios, more like Antarctica today.
I was told about the classified adds from a friend and then found the forums.
Been reading through the threads , lots of good info .
I'm retired and recently wanted to get back into the hobbie after 20 years off, due to that work thing. But those days are over.
Used to have Garretts, a GroundHog, and ADS DeepSeeker.
After researching the new machines available was going to get a new ATPro and then happened onto a Used Minelab Safari.The original buyer bought it , opened the box and fired it up and must have been over come by all the noises and sent it back.
So basically new with full warrantee.
Used it for several months and decided I needed more discrimination and ID, so was looking at a E Track and found a killer deal on a new CTX3030 so traded in the Safari and now use the 3030.
I've read and reread Andys 3030 book, a wealth of useful info on setup and in depth info on all the controls and what they do.
So after modifying the stock modes and adding a few I've spent a lot of time in my detector garden , changing settings to test what they do back and forth.
I'm ready for some serious coin and relic hunting and then the weather turns for the worse.
I've got some time at my favorite relic hunting spot and will be back there before crops go in in the spring.
Lots of spots lined up but ran out of time.
Other hobbies are Astronomy,
I have two very nice telescopes that I travel all over the country to find dark skies to observe from.
The wife and myself have a 37' fifth wheel that we travel with friends all around the country in search of dark skies , good food and new friends.
So now the 3030 will be packed in the fiver next to the scope ready to go when needed.
We should be in the desert southwest now but due to some recent family issues will have to brave the mid wests winter one more time;-)
If anyone's close to my location introduce yourself
BT
Welcome to the forum B.T.. Joe and I are hunting buddies and he told me you are into Astronomy like I am. Send me an email and we'll talk shop.
GerryF
Hello Ben and a warm welcome to you. I hope to see some great finds from you when the weather turns favorable in the spring. If you have current items you'd like to share, then post away, we would love to see what you've come up with. I also like astronomy and spend a lot of time outside looking up for naked eye observation. I only have a small 5" motorized reflector, but it is more than adequate for my budget.
welcome Ben I am in the true Antarctica - located in central Wisconsin temp tonight actual is suppose to be 12 below 0 with wind chill about - 25 anyone want to go detecting.
Been detecting in central Illinois many times lots of history down there , and lots of hunt spots and finds. That 3030 is a great machine I have had one for 3 years now and still learning it.
Happy Hunting
Wow! For someone who has never even seen zero degrees, just thinking about 12 below sends shivers through me Steve ! How does routine life go on at temps like that, and wondering if your detector sales freeze up in the winter too? Bet you are looking for spring already--balmy 57 here yesterday.
We made it down to 5 and wind chill -5 to -10
Routine life has stopped, I didn't raise the lid on the hot tub this morning ;-)
Maybe this evening
BT
Greetings from the frozen wastelands of SE Michigan . I look forward to seeing some great finds when your ground thaws.
  The astronomy thing always sounded like fun , but life always seems to get in the way , I have a cheep refractor telescope and have seen the rings of Saturn and a couple of glimpses of Jupiter but just don't get the time to get any more in depth.
   Traveling to find the dark spots sounds like fun , one of the guys in my old car club does that . He has invited me to go with him to local events , I just haven't ever had time when the opportunity arises.
HH
Pat
Welcome from south jersey! Glad to have you along and look foward to some finds posts when the weather gets a little but warmer....happy star gazing!
Welcome from NE ohio land of milk and honey but no Football!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's