Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Weekend Finds - Part Deux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Met up with Fluke and his two sons, AJ & Nick, this morning. We hunted together till about 10, then Fluke had to leave. After taking a break for an hour, met up with another friend in the same spot. 

I scored 2 mercs today - 1920 & 1945, an engraved sterling horoscope charm, a pocket watch & about 12 wheats. For the second time in weeks...

After getting a great silver signal, I dig a plug & scoop out some dirt. I immediately see a gold clasp in the hole. With visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, I reach in and pull it out. Unfortunately, there was no chain attached...but it's 14k. Good for the scrap gold pile.

Yesterday, there were quite a few other detectorists hunting our silver park when we were. We've never seen these guys before. We quickly noticed they were using Ames shovels to dig plugs...IN A CITY PARK! We let them be & gave them their space. However, when Fluke & I returned to the park this morning, we were seething. These assholes left the messiest digs I've ever seen. Giant plugs not put correctly back in the holes, dirt strewn 3 feet on each side of the plugs, etc. Next time no speak, we simply chase them from the spot Punch

Finally, in one of those stranger than fiction moments, I learned that Fluke's son Nick & I share the same birthday...crazy!

Joe
Nice finds. A little gold clasp gave a silver signal? Sorry to hear about the big. shovel guys. They give us all a bad name. They probably watch that Savage show.
Joe,

Nice finds. Two weeks ago I was detecting and found a Ames shovel under some leaves. Still new with sticker still on the shovel, but rusty.
Joe, You are on a silver roll!!  Keep it going!
(10-13-2013 11:24 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds.  A little gold clasp gave a silver signal?  Sorry to hear about the big. shovel guys.  They give us all a bad name.  They probably watch that Savage show.

No, forgot to add that there turned out being a wheatie in the hole...which on Minelabs sound exactly like silver. The clasp didn't register at all. Same story as the ring I got 2 weeks ago. If it wasn't for the wheat, would've never dug the clasp.

Joe
(10-14-2013 06:57 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2013 11:24 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds.  A little gold clasp gave a silver signal?  Sorry to hear about the big. shovel guys.  They give us all a bad name.  They probably watch that Savage show.

No, forgot to add that there turned out being a wheatie in the hole...which on Minelabs sound exactly like silver. The clasp didn't register at all. Same story as the ring I got 2 weeks ago. If it wasn't for the wheat, would've never dug the clasp.

Joe

Oh I thought you had some magical detector that saw gold and silver the same. That would be sweet.
Reference URL's