Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I wanna get kicked out the house....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good for him! I hope he uses some of that $141,000 to go out and find a new wife Yes Understandably, those who are fanatical about this hobby spend a lot of time away from family. And I can see why a spouse mightn't like that. However...

What spouse wouldn't want a man that's passionate about something...treasure hunting included?! There are so many guys out there who are busy running around with other women, messing with drugs & alcohol, or just like to sit in front of the t.v. all of the time. They have no zest for life, and if they do, in many cases, it's a bad one.

Much like suffering artists, the pursuits of treasure hunters are often the laughingstock of others. "We're nuts", "we're wasting our time", we're dreamers", and other sentiments are the norm, from those outside of our hobby. But in my opinion...

Having a healthy passion for something usually makes people better individuals. Instead of embracing her husband's love of history, or his excitement of searching for lost gold, she takes the low way out and ridicules him. The old bag will change her tune after after he cashes that check, though. If he's smart, he'll kick her to the curbside Wink
Cool story
Love a happy ending!  I wonder if he would ever have checked that particular spot had his wife not ordered him out. Makes you marvel at the possibilities that can come about from taking or not taking what appear to be insignificant actions. Not much chance for gold nuggets for me, but the opportunity to find a coin cache, a gold bar or something equally exotic keeps me swinging. Neat story.
My wife throws me out and tells me to go detecting all the time! I attribute most of my success to her! (Of course when I start compulsively vacuuming and dusting, I think she thinks she isn't doing a good enough job and I guess she feels insulted and, well, you know the rest of the story!) Chuckle

Ed
Reference URL's