Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First hunt of 2017- 11 silvers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hit the beach after a storm and nabbed 11 silvers, 5 large coppers, 28 small pennies and a brooch. Silvers range from 1911-1961

Upside down....????....
It's nice to see the Canadian silvers so early in the year. It looks like that hunt was a blast.
  What a great way to start your year. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pat
WOW Shocked Now that's a hunt! Where they mostly found in the big cuts left behind after the storm, or all on flat sand? I remember after a Nor'Easter we had here in NJ, the cuts were like 5 or 6 feet high, and guys were pulling out amazing keepers. Which is why detectorists always love huge coastal storms.
Very nice start to your year Chris! Thanks for sharing and I look foward to some near future finds! Keep it up and happy hunting
(01-02-2017 08:19 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]We had a very steong south westerly storm that push all of the softball sized rocks up to the top of the beach, exposing the black sand and clay. We were finding silver and copper coins just laying there on the surface! Yesterday was the best day to capitalize on it, but i was working. A guy that i hunted with today pulled 43 silver, 163 pennies and over 20 large coppers out of there. He found a gorgeous 1908 half dollar today as i was leaving. Made we want to stay and call in sick to work lol

WOW Shocked Now that's a hunt! Where they mostly found in the big cuts left behind after the storm, or all on flat sand? I remember after a Nor'Easter we had here in NJ, the cuts were like 5 or 6 feet high, and guys were pulling out amazing keepers. Which is why detectorists always love huge coastal storms.
Congratulations on those finds! I would have called in sick.....you need to get back there as soon as you can because it's probably not over and of course try to go at low tide......very cool indeed
Terrific finds on your beach hunt and what a way to kick off 2017. I think I would have been sorely tempted to stay on and pocket more silvers. Is the beach the only hunting available now in the Canadian winter?
There's another storm on the way, but I won't be able to get out again for a while. The beach is all we have here in eastern Canada, and even then, the upper part of the beach where the salt water doesn't hit is frozen 4-6" down.
A Grand way to start out the new year Gratz on all the silver and fun! And I must admit I would of called off a day or so also!
Wow Relic! You're "SMOKIN' EM" !!!!! WTG!!!!!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's