Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Recent Relic Finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nothing overly fantastic but some nice relics!
What are you talking about?  That powder flask is AWESOME!!

Are those round things flask lids or gun nipple protectors?
Beats the hell out of anything  I've dug in some time . Way to go on the  nice  history
Ron . I'm betting you find a gold  coin  before  I find my  next Merc .
(10-23-2013 12:43 AM)George in SSF Wrote: [ -> ]Beats the hell out of anything  I've dug in some time . Way to go on the  nice  history
Ron . I'm betting you find a gold  coin  before  I find my  next Merc .

If that happens then I will drive out to SSF and buy you dinner for the good mojo you just sent me!!  Big Grin

et
(10-23-2013 12:28 AM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about?  That powder flask is AWESOME!!

Are those round things flask lids or gun nipple protectors?

Yeah- the flask was pretty exciting to find!!

The round things are lids/caps off old tins. 

Some will have writing on them and they were for the rifle powder tins and other tin canister type items.

The tin usually rusts away and sometime you only find the cap but on this trip I found the alloy spout and the cap still together.

Here are the tops --no writing on these "black powder stoppers"  1860's+
Great relics. I really like the powder flask too. The caps are interesting. I may have found those and threw them in the junk pile. Thanks for the little education.
Fantastic! Was wondering what happened to you, Ron! Thought you had a bad beat at the tables in Vegas & had to pawn your CTX Tongue

Joe
(10-23-2013 10:42 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic! Was wondering what happened to you, Ron! Thought you had a bad beat at the tables in Vegas & had to pawn your CTX Tongue

Joe

LOL-- Life seems to get in the way sometimes!!
Got me all excited about what might be hiding in my yard, lol

Old woman who lives behind me was actually born in my house and thinks there are or were anyway, some jars with coins/paper money buried there by what would be her grandfather.
Awesome!
That lock is Bad ass.
When you tumble the caps, can you post a close up  of the writing?

Love that kind of stuff.
Even typeface was elegant back then.
Wink

The red cans are beautiful too! Specially that last one.
Hey thanks  Ron ,  I'm looking forward to that .  Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's