Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New permission and a OLD spanish surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
short story, I took james out to a new permission of mine and he was super lucky to snag a 1696 spanish 1 real cob 10 feet from cassandras large cent...!

Full story I got the new permission recently and detected it with cassandra. She was lucky enough to find a large cent! Was super happy. I circle gridded her large cent about 5 feet out and she wanted to head out, so we left. I wanted to get back and grid the area, but I never did.
Ended up getting out with james to the permission a few days later, we usually detect side by side and check signals and that's what I ended up doing instead of going out on my own to grid search the other area.
We got to the area of the field and I started to grid search on my own. I ended up about 5 feet to the right of the of her large cent when james, 5 feet to the right of me, screams COB!
So, at first it was mixed feelings. Just upset and happy for him. I was mostly just upset I was right there, had multiple chances to swing my coil over it and to get the cob and would have 110% as it wasn't deep, at all. But I'm completely ok with it now and happy for him. I'm sure I'll find one soon enough!
Best of luck out there and happy hunting
That's a great find for James but sometimes that's just the way it goes. I hammered an area along a bridle trail for 2 weeks once and learned a month after that someone hitting the same area but closer to the road found 2 BUST halves! I was disheartened at the time I learned of it but now I would say motivated to stop thinking that idea of, "It can't be over there!". As for going over an area and missing something, sometimes it's just the angle of the target in the ground. I've learned that the grid is not just perpendicular but diagonal as well. The big and close stuff pops out right away. It's the little stuff that's hides so well. If you could PM me I'd like to talk to you about what settings you're using on the Tornado because I'm beginning to think that this coil does not like full sensitivity on the AT Pro. I just got it and I am beginning to believe that it squelches out at full pop. Seems one or two notches below full is beginning to be the answer.

Anyway, good luck on your next outing (Never give up!) and tell Cassandra congratulations on the LC!!Yes

I'm headed out!Cool

Ed
Congratulation to James for a awesome find. Congratulation to you for being a good friend and inviting James to hunt some new ground to you both. I understand the bitter sweet. It happens with my hunting partner too. You were able to hunt with a friend, and share his excitement with the normal pain of Where's mine. It will be your turn oneday, even if it feels like they have all the good luck. Yes, it's luck most the times, unless its deep or surrounded by trash. The luck is being the first to put the coil over it. It could have been to the left of the large cent just as well. I think it says a lot about your good nature and inviting him to fresh ground. I hope he returns the favor. Anytime one of Us gets something real nice, we end up by the other person lunch and a cold one to ease their pain. Lol. Good luck to you and hopefully yours will come soon. Yes
Thanks up and EdYesYes
Nice find for your friend Yes

Your turn now Wink
That's a fantastic recovery for your pal James. Well earned congratulations to him. You and James have a great partnership that serves you both very well. I remember many posts showing how you collaborate and the finds you have brought to light while hunting together. Given your history rich area, I'm sure you'll soon be posting another rare super old find and I can hardly wait to see it. Happy that Cassandra was able to get out too and a "way to go!!" for her large cent find.
Congrats to Cassandra on the large Cent. That cob is awesome , I might even suggest banner worthy. It is cool to see the finds from areas such as yours that are so rich with history.
   All of us who hunt with a buddy have at one time or another had to go through the range of emotions that come when the other guys coil gets over the great find. With your history I am sure a great find will pop out of the ground for you soon.
Pat
Hollllyyyyyyy shit! That's pretty much the holy grail of silver finds...for me anyways. Any silver tree coin and a cob. Damn! Isn't that always the way it is tho. I went out with a couple of friends last summer. I lagged back as it was friend #1s permission. Friend #2 didn't caRe and headed right in. Pulled a seated quarter right off the bat. It's kind of a "you snooze, you lose" or "by chance" hobby. You were happy for him tho, so that's what matters. Some are selfish, but you sir, are a gentleman.
DAMN! Congrats to james on the old spanish silver!! That is fantastic!

I have seen many great finds come out of the ground that were not under may coil, but the fact that I go to see them come out and that is plenty for me. I get excited over great finds regardless of who finds them. Yes, we all want to find a great relic or coin but unless you only want the sell value, they usually just sit in a display for bragging rights. The good thing is, whoever finds it, hopefully it still sits in a display for others to enjoy.

Human nature to be a lil envious. Glad that you realize that and are happy for your buddy. Hopefully he appreciates you taking him and returns the favor so he can watch you dig a nice find in the near future. LOL

PS: i want a cob too!! LOL
Congrats to James, your day will come .
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's