Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #6.... Gotta be an XF40 1917 SLQ! Plus Compilation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Talk about going a span without any silver! Being that I had the new NEL Tornado coil for the AT PRO, genius here decided to go over all the heavy hitter silver areas in the woods and see if I could find anything. Well for the last several weeks it's been ZIP!!!!! I did find a lot of stuff though and today in an area where I have found A LOT of silvers, up pops a 1917 SLQ in the best shape I ever found one in. And, thinking that the Tornado was a bust and I was going to have to fork over the bucks for the Attack 15", the little SLQ was 6" down in the clay, UNDER a 6 INCH diameter rotting log, which was frozen to the ground, but gave in with a few good kicks! She read out a pretty steady 83, 85, 86, 87.

So needless to say I spent the remainder of the afternoon there going over logs stuck to the ground and only found one flattened buckyball!

Have FUN out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
The SLQ is one of my favorite coins and that one is SWEET!  My favorite after that is the old Schraeder tire pressure gauge . One of my other hobbies is Model A Fords and I have one as part of my era tool collection.
   The other relics are cool too. I could not talk myself into going out in this cold snap , I am more of a fair weather detectorist .
    I hope this blast of winter is short lived and that you get that big coil over a whole lot more of the right spots and collect more nice shiney stuff to share with us.
Pat
PS I have never seen one marked 30 to 170 PSI before.
That quarter is awesome!!! I've only found one silver (mercury dime) on a beach. That would be cool to see that in the hole
Nice dig/s there Ed Yes

Gotta love the type #1 SLQ's Chuckle
(03-12-2017 08:11 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice dig/s there Ed Yes

Gotta love the type #1 SLQ's Chuckle

Thanks Wayne!

I almost crapped my pants when I saw the date. And being that I've found so many old coins in this area, the digger went back in the sheath as soon as there was a beep on the carrot! I dug this sucker out with my bare hand!

Ed

(03-12-2017 08:06 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]That quarter is awesome!!! I've only found one silver (mercury dime) on a beach. That would be cool to see that in the hole
Thanks Ohio!

In due time you'll find them Ohio. You got those coal camps and house sites, you've found the big noise stuff, soon it'll be silver! Ya never know!

This one was the railroad crew!

Ed
Holy Cow, Ed! That beauty was dropped on the way home from the bank! Nice going!
Gerry
(03-12-2017 07:40 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]The SLQ is one of my favorite coins and that one is SWEET!  My favorite after that is the old Schraeder tire pressure gauge . One of my other hobbies is Model A Fords and I have one as part of my era tool collection.
   The other relics are cool too. I could not talk myself into going out in this cold snap , I am more of a fair weather detectorist .
    I hope this blast of winter is short lived and that you get that big coil over a whole lot more of the right spots and collect more nice shiney stuff to share with us.
Pat
PS I have never seen one marked 30 to 170 PSI before.

Thanks Pat!

I didn't know it was a Schraeder until I got it home and cleaned it up! I didn't know anything about them! I knew that the original invention of the tire fill valve was called a Schraeder but that's about it. Thanks too on the SLQ! It was a big surprise. First silver with the Tornado coil!

I hunt in everything but severe snow or T Storms! I am dressed up so that even if I passed out in the woods, I'd survive. Like Nanook of the North! Everything is fleece, flannel, waterproof and insulated! I look like a metal detecting Storm Trooper! Chuckle

Ed

(03-12-2017 08:41 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Holy Cow, Ed! That beauty was dropped on the way home from the bank! Nice going!
Gerry

Thanks Gerry!

Yes, it sure does look that way. I'm going to take it to a coin dealer and get his opinion! Yes

Ed
Sweet find on the SLQ, Ed, as well as all the other goodies. Congrats Yes
(03-12-2017 08:48 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet find on the SLQ, Ed, as well as all the other goodies. Congrats Yes

Thanks Joe!

Hope this rotten weather for you brings a fabulous Spring!

Ed
I've been ogling the SLQ pic for a long time now ED. Hard to find the right superlative to describe it, although stunning and pristine come to mind. Easy to describe my feelings though----envious!  Nice, nice recovery, and I am very happy for you.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's