Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bent But Beautiful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pulled this one out of the ground yesterday-pre Civil War.
Does anyone know if it can be safely bent back into shape and/or how it can be done? All there just bent over.
Thanks for looking.
Wow nice find! Hoping I can find something like that sometime in my life
Ron works some amazing magic on his brass relics. Maybe he can help.
That thing is a beauty!
Excellent find Cap! Ron's your best bet on bending those things back into shape. I got no idea how he does it without cracking them.

Ed
Nice find Yes

I'd use a plumbers torch and heat it up to bend it into correct shape
Sweet
 bro. Ask Ron.  Good to see ou gettingout . Damn chest high grass and rattlers been to frustrating for me
[attachment=9586]
What almost everybody else said (ask Ron(Ca)) . What a great find , if you do get it restored please post a new pic , I love seeing those things , not many of them to dig up my way , so I gotta live through finds like yours.
HH
Past
Thanks everyone for the comments,
I have spoken with several experts, and restoration is not as easy as it first appeared, some risk involved, will have to think about this one.
Hopefully Ron will chime in, would love to hear his opinion also.

Ray-you sure have an over abundance of nice looking reptiles aka "buzz tails" on your side of the river. Have certainly been on my mind also the last few days, Blue Lupines are in bloom snakes out! As far as grass goes its time to worked those grazed out area otherwise it is gettin" pretty high. As long as it keeps raining the grass will keep growin, but at least the ground has been nice and soft this year. Turn-up any interesting finds lately?
No Cap,nothing . Turning my attention to fishing,untill the grass browns. Been denied access alot lately...in a slump,lol.
You've come up with a very nice find Caprock. Good luck on getting it back to it's proper shape, however you do it, and be careful. It would be a shame to crack a beauty like that.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's