Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #23 FTY, 1926 Merc!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty slick but still legible. Cleaned up real nice. This was a small section of woods I've done a million times and found nothing but wheats. Today I was a little lazy and just decided to stay near the truck where this section of woods is. I got 3 more toasted wheats before I hit the Merc. There are beech saplings galore there and you have to constantly duck under the long low branches to cover any ground so I just took my time and did it. I had a feeling there was silver there and the hunch paid off. She was 4" down and came in at a real good high tone but soft. I suspect she was standing up but once I managed to get around the trees in the right configuration I was able to target very well with a good 83, 84 signal and real clear tone even though that area is really mineralized. Tornado coil again, full sense, Iron Mask @ 35 and 95-99 notched out. No iron audio as it's way too noisy in that area.

Have fun out there GUYS and GALS and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
WTG Ed!! Keep on swinging!!
I admire your persistence and patience Ed. Always nice to see you pulling silvers from the unexpected places. I'm hoping one day I can read that you've stumbled upon a cache of silver coins in the Ohio woods. Keep on lookin!
It is great to see someone making good finds , I am in a slump , I doubt anyone wants to see a handful of dirty clad pull tabs and junk.
Thanks for giving us something fun to look at.
Pat
Keep it up
Nice catch Ed! Number #23! you know how to find them. However, there is something that bothers me. Just because I want the best for you. Stop using the wire brush. Brass or not. It is putting scratches on the finds. I use the baking soda , aluminium foil, dash of salt and gentle rubbing. Might take a few baths but they come out so much better. My opinion and it's your choice. (I know). Anyway, I want you to consider it anyway. But I don't find many silver coins so I really take pride in cleaning them. I find caked silver rings in the ocean and I use a phone charger using electrolysis to remove the cake. Most are pitted and go in the silver scrap jar.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me trying to get you to reconsider your madness. lol. Good luck find more cool stuff! Yes
(07-03-2017 09:49 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Nice catch Ed! Number #23! you know how to find them. However, there is something that bothers me. Just because I want the best for you. Stop using the wire brush. Brass or not. It is putting scratches on the finds. I use the baking soda , aluminium foil, dash of salt and gentle rubbing. Might take a few baths but they come out so much better. My opinion and it's your choice. (I know). Anyway, I want you to consider it anyway. But I don't find many silver coins so I really take pride in cleaning them. I find caked silver rings in the ocean and I use a phone charger using electrolysis to remove the cake. Most are pitted and go in the silver scrap jar.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me trying to get you to reconsider your madness. lol. Good luck find more cool stuff! Yes

No offense taken Up! I do get aggressive at times with the wire brush, I'll admit that. But like on that 25 SLQ, I also carry a toothbrush, which is how I cleaned it off, with bottled water I carry, for the Standing Liberty side prior to the photo. And when I got home, I cleaned it with blasting water and some toothpaste (Peroxide and baking soda). That Merc wasn't a rare date and the back was pretty worn, so on coins like that the numismatist in me goes out the window and out comes the brass wire brush!!! LOL!!!

Ed
Good Grief ODF , your banner year just keeps on keeping on. Amazing you continue to pull the silver you do every year. Thumbs up !!
(06-29-2017 11:02 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]I admire your persistence and patience Ed. Always nice to see you pulling silvers from the unexpected places. I'm hoping one day I can read that you've stumbled upon a cache of silver coins in the Ohio woods. Keep on lookin!

Thanks Shade and ME TOO on the silver hoard! Every time I see a mason jar lid in the hole, my brain explodes!!! LOL!!!

Ed

(06-29-2017 08:19 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]It is great to see someone making good finds , I am in a slump , I doubt anyone wants to see a handful of dirty clad pull tabs and junk.
Thanks for giving us something fun to look at.
Pat

Thanks Pat and you are welcome! Don't worry about the junk, the finds will come. I fill up a 5 gallon pail of junk every 2 weeks. It's just you gotta dig em'. I don't know how many times I've dug some screwy signal and suddenly my luck has changed! Yes

Ed

(06-30-2017 03:16 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]Keep it up

Thanks OTH! You had quite a haul there on vacation as well. I'm one of those kind of guys that spends the first hour digging pull tabs and then gives it up and goes for the high tones. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. Have a great summer down there!

Ed
Still hitting the beaches, but can't wait for some vegetation to die off so I can go after the relics!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's