Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. Just retired and want to get back into detecting again. Started with Whites 6000 series 2 in 1984, had a golden sabre in late 80's, and wound up with an x-5 in mid 90's sometime. Was inactive for 20 some odd years and the knowledge that I had seems to have left me (not that I had a lot to begin with) The mid 80's seemed to me to be my golden age with plenty of silver and such but today it seems much harder. Anyway I live in the Tacoma Wa. area and if there is any other local people that might like to go detecting give a shout. My webbed feet are dry at present,so.................
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA. I always wanted a detector in the 80s when I was a kid. I never got one. Was probably silver everywhere back then.
Will, like I said , it was the golden age for me. Up to date detector in North Dakota at that time.......it seemed like every park I went to had silver. "32 half on the path to the outhouse at a county church, dimes galore, standing liberty quarters and I remember a 1906 Canadian half-dime. I think I still have most of it somewhere. The old 6000 wasn't too good on nickles tho. Discriminate too crowded at that end of the knob. Still good coins I,m sure, just not cherry-picking now. Forgot to say I had a DFX at the same time as the Golden. Still have the old x-5.
I have a 6000/Di Series 2. I have used it a bit. I liked using it in all metal and watching the ID. It's really accurate. I was surprised. I got mine last year because I never used any older detectors. I dug pulltabs from around 7-8" and they ID'd dead on. I only dug because I thought at that depth the ID could be off. Man I wish I would have had it when it was new.
Welcome, Zorro! Great screen name Yes Detecting is like riding a bike, one never forgets Wink Tougher now for sure...cause you 'old timers' stole all the silver years ago, lol Tongue Look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Joe
Welcome to TC.  All the folks on here have been awesome.  You could post a photo of just the pull tabs you find and everyone will have nice things to say.  Seriously, welcome aboard!
Welcome Zorro from NE Ohio! Nice to see someone from the NW of the US of A. It'll all come back to you I'm sure. Equipment got fancier but the methods are the same. HH!
Welcome Zorro, from North New Jersey .
Welcome!!
Reference URL's