Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A very Dry hunt to day after my chores, I score a relic and a 45P war nickle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys and gals, it was a very dry hunt today after my chores around the outside of the home.
I was able to score a 1945 P war nickle. That is the first with the Nokta Impact and I am loving it. I was trying to find one for the longest time, crazy.
Close by I get a half dollar reading but the sound wasn't quite right and only a little jumpy VDI's bouncing. So I dig, and I dig and dig some more. The Impact said 22 inches
but I know that can't be accurate on a coin. I get down to the length of the pin pointer and pull up what might be a horse or wagon type of hitch.
Let me know what your best guess is and I'll probably agree it is a relic for sure.

Tony
Congrats on the 45 P War nickle Tony! Yes Those have been eluding me this year and they're always surprising to find! As to the relic I haven't a clue. Somebody will though I'm certain. HH Tony!

Ed
Thanks Ed, I really think the dryness helped the machine isolate the signal so was able lock onto it. There was a memorial zincon coin off to the right and just below the grass.

Tony
(06-20-2018 07:26 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the 45 P War nickle Tony! Yes Those have been eluding me this year and they're always surprising to find! As to the relic I haven't a clue. Somebody will though I'm certain. HH Tony!

Ed
War nickels are almost half silver if I remember correctly so congratulations!!! I can’t help you with the relic! But it’s cool!
Thanks, OTH. Yeah, it has silver and that is why I was trying to find one with my new machine. Just a milestone and learning thing.

Tony
(06-20-2018 09:00 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]War nickels are almost half silver if I remember correctly so congratulations!!! I can’t help you with the relic! But it’s cool!
The war nickel is a nice prize Tony and in my opinion it counts as a silver, so congrats on that one! Did you notice a higher tone than the normal nickel sound while you were targeting? Your other find might just remain a head scratcher; beats me.
Thank you.
Yes, funny thing with this machine it did give me a high VDI’s for a good coin.
I am liking this machine more and more.

Tony
(06-21-2018 08:03 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]The war nickel is a nice prize Tony and in my opinion it counts as a silver, so congrats on that one! Did you notice a higher tone than the normal nickel sound while you were targeting? Your other find might just remain a head scratcher; beats me.
(06-21-2018 08:30 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I am liking this machine more and more.

I really like my impact but have been using my Nox 800 trying to get a handle on it. I still like the impact better for now and is my go-to machine!
OTH, wow you have the best of both wolds, IMO but some folks say the DEUS is very good too.
I would like to detect with someone who has an 800 so we can compare targets.
I know you will learn the NOX quickly.

Tony
(06-21-2018 01:16 PM)ohioturkeyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2018 08:30 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I am liking this machine more and more.

I really like my impact but have been using my Nox 800 trying to get a handle on it. I still like the impact better for now and is my go-to machine!
Nice on the war nic. I just sold 94 war nickels on ebay for $94.00. The rusty thing looks old, but don't know what it is. Congrats! Today here in Vegas its 116 out. Burning up out here.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's