Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Are You Old Enough to Remember This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If so, you're getting old...just like me! Lol. 

Dammit Joe!  I do remember this.  I also remember friends who took their cars there. Worst paint jobs ever.
YEP !!
Yep. Now I'm depressed.
Yeah I remember. I saw some of his work. Yuchhh! He saved you a lot of money on masking tape and HS shop kids who needed work. One of the houses he used to own is an old place in North Olmsted, Ohio, about 4 miles from my location over on Dover Center Rd.. It used to be a boarding house/hotel in the late 1800's. I think it's registered as a century home in Ohio. I think there are still carriage stables in the rear. I should go ask permission to detect. Somebody lives there yet. Keeps it up pretty good and the place is a real gem. Landscaping is ideal. It's got about 12 or 14 bedrooms. If I get a chance this spring I'll shoot a couple of pics of it and post them. Pray I get permission.
(01-30-2014 10:41 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I remember. I saw some of his work. Yuchhh!  He saved you a lot of money on masking tape and HS shop kids who needed work. One of the houses he used to own is an old place in North Olmsted, Ohio, about 4 miles from my location over on Dover Center Rd.. It used to be a boarding house/hotel in the late 1800's. I think it's registered as a century home in Ohio. I think there are still carriage stables in the rear. I should go ask permission to detect. Somebody lives there yet. Keeps it up pretty good and the place is a real gem. Landscaping is ideal. It's got about 12 or 14 bedrooms. If I get a chance this spring I'll shoot a couple of pics of it and post them. Pray I get permission.

I remember back in the late 80's my cousin got his car done there. From what I recall, it didn't look too bad, but, about 3 months later he was bitchin cause the paint started to peel in big chunks, and some areas looked like they were burned with little tiny bubbles rising up. I remember my uncle calling him an idiot & telling him that's whatcha get for paying $99 for a paint job lol!!! It wouldn't surprise me if they painted his car with house paint lmao Happy Still, we can laugh all we want, cause good ol scheib was laughing all the way to the bank. I heard he was worth over $80 million when he died! Only in America Cool

Joe
Yeah he was pretty wealthy. Died at 85. His hobby was raising race horses. (Wikipedia) I might be full of crap about that property. Rumors abound but I checked county records after opening my mouth and the only records I can get go back to 1989 online. BUT.... the prior owners name, not a very common one, is the same as the shop I take my truck too and I have it worked on by what I think may be one of his grand kids (now in his forties) not Sheib though. The place has 7 bedrooms (not 12 or 14) and carriage outbuilding. Property is almost 800 ft deep by 159 wide. I Google Earthed it. Definitely big carriage house in the rear with a second floor.

I had a friend of mine get a job done back in the 70's on an old Ford Maverick by one of Earl's shops and was astonished to see the rubber windshield and door seals were painted as well. Great work!!!!! Especially when I had other friends restoring old Belairs and Malibu's from the 50's.Wink
Reference URL's