Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Preferred Machines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Diggers, I'm a firm believer that every hunter needs 3 machines...

A depth machine, a quick machine for iron/trash sites, and a water unit. My preferred models would be...

A Minelab or CZ for balls to the wall depth

A G2 or AT Gold for speed/iron work

A Sov or Excal for water hunting

What about you guys...what are your preferred units?

Joe
1. AT Pro
2. Fisher F75
3. Fisher F5

I loved my F75 for a long time.  The AT is now my go to.  I really can't say why but I just think I've got more of a connection with it (I know, nerdy!) but I do!  The F75 and I found many great things but it seems as though I was always trying this or that and never got quite comfy with it.  The F5 is always in the car if I come across something I need to hit and don't have time to run home and grab my AT.  I will invest in Minelab at some point.  I need to see what the big deal is!
Changes often. My all time favorites are the Sovereign...and I dont water hunt,lol...and my good old Tesoro Bandido.
I also like using the gb pro for iron,and its found me more nuggets than any other machine.
I like the ATPro,but my son has taken over it.
Lately been using a Tejon with a lobo coil, like a bandido on steroids!
Also use a TDI for nuggets,real easy machine to use,and really quites down the bad dirt.
(03-17-2014 11:13 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Changes often. My all time favorites are the Sovereign...and I dont water hunt,lol...and my good old Tesoro Bandido.
I also like using the gb pro for iron,and its found me more nuggets than any other machine.
I like the ATPro,but my son has taken over it.
Lately been using a Tejon with a lobo coil, like a bandido on steroids!
Also use a TDI for nuggets,real easy machine to use,and really quites down the bad dirt.

A lot of people don't know, Ray, but, the Sov is one of the best (and deepest) units to use on land. What did you use the Sov for primarily, coins, jewelry, relics?

Joe
I don't water hunt either.  I have the T2 for depth and target separation.  Now I also have an M6 and don't really know what it's strengths are yet.  I will figure it out though.
Joe,that was mainly my deep turf silver machine. I detected with 4-5 guys that all used explorers,and sov with 12 inch Sunray coil always held its own. When comparing signals,honestly never had one I couldnt get. Dug my deepest coin ever with it, an indian in a park that was deeper than the total length of my lesche.

Hey Will,I know a couple guys that kill jewerly in parks/ schools with m6/mxt. I would persue that angle with it.
1) E-trac
2) F75ltd
3) CZ3D---- tuned

My soil is bad so the FBS gets the most work. I hunted a spot a while back where the auto rec. sensitivity was 5 ! I use the F75 to go nugett shooting now and then. Heading to AZ. next month for a few days.
I just have the Delta and the Explorer SE. The Delta will not work effectively on fresh water beaches but it's a great shallow coin and jewelry hunter machine. The 13" ultimate ups the ante to deep relics but seems to miss deep silver.I've used it with the 5x10 in shallow streams on hot summer days and was able to rid the streams of about 10#'s of fishing weights and some clad.

The Explorer SE is new to me but so far I'm very pleased. I intend to hit some of Lake
Erie's beaches with it as well as use it for inland lake beaches and edges of swimming holes. Once I get the tones down with the land hunting I will probably use it exclusively although a good plan would be to cover an area with the Delta first and then re-sweep it with the Explorer.

I had a used AT Pro with the 5x8 for about 6 months but sold it to my son. I found it to be about 2 steps up from my Delta and decided to take the plunge to FBS and stop fiddling around with detector choices. I'm too old to be playing around with this or that detector anymore. Chuckle
Hard one.. Cant fault the Garrett ace 250 on the entry level. I find this excellent for teaching with. its easy to pick up on the operating side of things for most people but there is a few that find it a bit plastical for the money. I currently run the AT Pro as my main machine. It finds way more than the 250 with a lot more info but then you need the knowledge to go with it. My next machine will be the XP Dues. I need to find a few more hammies to afford it.
(03-18-2014 04:41 PM)papadoody Wrote: [ -> ]My next machine will be the XP Dues. I need to find a few more hammies to afford it.

Never used one, but, man, are they hot right now over here. Supposed to be quicker than lightening, exceptional in iron & the wireless audio is really a terrific plus. Once you sell out of those covers, you won't need to find any hammereds Yes

Joe
Reference URL's