Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What's Your Day Job?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I work in a mill working with footwear . Nothing special really but ive worked here for 10 years .
I'm a used up old man with an attitude. Not really that old but I'm sure you've heard the saying about "it's not the number of miles but the smoothness of the surface", and I've been on cobblestones and washboard since '98. Contracted finish carpentry  for 35 years , and like deathray , enjoyed the task but not the business part , so I quit in '13 ---still haven't paid my gross receipt taxes for those last couple of years :Happy. Day job now is trying to find the daily 5 bucks in clad and some jewelry bobbles after driving the bride nuts for a while--pretty successful at all of it actually.
I'm a pimp!!  Tongue

I pimp Plastic Packaging,

Been selling flexible film and packaging for about 23 years now.  Wow - that is half my life!!  that is scary!

Started with Good Year in the packing film division, moved on to marketing with Reynolds Aluminum  (Aluminium for you across the pond), then Alcoa and now work for a small private company as the Nat'l Sales Manager

Anyone need Shrink Film, Meat Stretch Film, Plastic packaging containers (Herbs/lettuce/berries etc) (they make great relic containers) or how about some foam take out containers or foam plates, cups etc.

Yeah -  not very glamorous but it pays the bills.
(03-18-2014 08:11 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a pimp!!  Tongue

I pimp Plastic Packaging,

Been selling flexible film and packaging for about 23 years now.  Wow - that is half my life!!  that is scary!

Started with Good Year in the packing film division, moved on to marketing with Reynolds Aluminum  (Aluminium for you across the pond), then Alcoa and now work for a small private company as the Nat'l Sales Manager

Anyone need Shrink Film, Meat Stretch Film, Plastic packaging containers (Herbs/lettuce/berries etc) (they make great relic containers) or how about some foam take out containers or foam plates, cups etc.

Yeah -  not very glamorous but it pays the bills.

You know Alcoa made the first pulltabs?
Yes-- made them but did not invent them!!  

Funny how the "Stay On"  push tab was suppose to eliminate the litter aspect of the pull-tab.    Seems like they don't stay on as much as was anticipated!! Happy

Pull        Push  StayTab
Well during the day I work on a farm mostly driving new John Deere Tractors with Air , stereo, and all the comforts of home, what the life huh. like 15 hrs a day 7 days a week for 7 months
In spare time I farm on my own with older equipment with no air and no comforts. Then in my extra extra time everyone knows I sell Metal Detectors and accerrsories.
You know what they say no rest for the wicked LOL
(03-18-2014 08:44 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Yes-- made them but did not invent them!!  

Funny how the "Stay On"  push tab was suppose to eliminate the litter aspect of the pull-tab.    Seems like they don't stay on as much as was anticipated!! Happy

Pull        Push  StayTab

The original was invented by a guy in Ohio I believe. Then Alcoa made them and Iron City beer was the first cans to use them. The rest is litter history.
Retired bricklayer in the restoration trades. 30 years. Owned my own business for 9. As above would rather have been working the wall than selling, managing and doing the books. But it is what it is. Now I am the facilities manager for a 48 acre soccer complex in Strongsville, Ohio and about to start up the fields any day now. Manage a great bunch of high school and college guys and gals and make sure 6000 kids can "Play Ball" every weekend and some weekdays until we close em down after Halloween. I love the job. I'm in the great outdoors again, can pick mushrooms when I have time, and have the whole place to myself to detect. Although the oldest parts of it were built in the late 60's. It was farmland. Now it's an industrial complex. I work hand in hand with the city service managers so I have "Carte' Blanche" to detect anywhere on their property.
(03-17-2014 10:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]I had this question up a while back when the site first launched, but, we have a ton of new members now, so, wanted to learn more about you guys. What do you do for your real job?

Joe

Renovation contractor (run my own business).

Plaster, Drywall and Stucco exteriors are a large part of what I do but I also frame and finish/trim out basements/lower levels for home owners, build a few decks now and then or do a custom out building (large sheds and the like) for people too.

Been in the trades since I was 16 (am 50 now).

In my spare time I metal detect or metal detect or metal detect!

Have also been known to scuba dive (while metal detecting!) hike, camp, kayak and go fishing for Kings, Coho, Steelies, Wallies, etc. on occasion too ;-)
[/quote]

The original was invented by a guy in Ohio I believe. Then Alcoa made them and Iron City beer was the first cans to use them. The rest is litter history.
[/quote]

Ohio. That figures!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's