Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: old tokens going like hot cakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found these tokens over 10 years and decided to have a friend sell them on E-bay and see how thay would do,first one sold for $100.00,second one sold for $125.00 and third one sold for $60.00 and still have 20 more tokens listed to sell. Most are near 100 years old or older. I'm just shocked at what thay are selling for. Thanks for looking.
Great prices, cool tokens!
Can you give a general idea of where you found them?
Some of those old tokens are worth more than coins...they're more rare! There are even a few good books on them. Just look on Amazon Yes

Joe
Nice tokens. You getting a nice new machine with all the token money?
Thanks for the motivation Leo!!Ive been talking about selling mine ...but I dont do ebay. My buddy Tom,sold a couple he found in the $1000 range! I know he sold one,and used the money to buy an explorer! Way to go man!
I was surprised myself about some of the prices tokens are getting. Nice stuff there leo. Ray is right though. There's a few sites available that cater to that group and the auction prices are not believable but they sell. ebay is ok but all you find there are bargain hunters. Some of the better sites have higher fees though.
Ohio...could you post the name of those sites??  I would lke to know. What I meant by"I dont do ebay" is that I have never bought/sold there,so no feedback...so probably get low prices on mine. Ray
Ray.

The Collectors Weekly is the spot I use the most. It has several categories in Tokens, coins, bottles etc.. Some of the reference sites they link to are also good for research.

Worthpoint is another site for auctions and classifieds that can be used as a general reference.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/us-coins...mes-tokens

http://www.worthpoint.com/

Most of this information is thanks to my girlfriend Debblue. She loves to research all the old stuff she has and occasionally does the same on some of the stuff I bring home.

Hope this helps!

Ed
Awesome!Thanks Ed, and tell Debblue thank you too! Ray
Nice tokens..I love findin stuff like that WTG.
Reference URL's