Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Canadian Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, 
I was watching deepdiggerdan on YouTube and he mentioned this site so I thought I may give it a go. I've been looking for bottles and detecting since I was 7. As a teen now I spend much more time outside digging for treasure. I mainly collect bottles local to my area or any other bottle if its significant, telegraph insulators both threaded and threadless and coins. I also keep all the cool little things I find while I'm out digging. Living in Ontario, Canada there isn't too many historical places to dig but that dosnt stop me from getting out there and seeing what I find because you just never know. The metal detector i use is a Fisher 1212X that i picked up at a yard sale for 70$. I am hoping to upgrade this summer if i have the cash. Anyways I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum and hope to have some good interactions with other members. Cheers and happy digging!
Welcome neighbor! I'm across the little pond over in NE Ohio.
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA USA. How's the weather up there?
Welcome Eric do your research there is a lot of history in Canada depending on where you live. Its probley no in the towns but out in the country .
Happy Hunting
Welcome!!
Welcome! We love our Canadian friends Yes Show us the LOONIES! (I love saying loonies Tongue ). Stop by as much as you can & enjoy our community. We look forward to seeing your finds. BTW...

Make sure to enter the drawing for the new metal detector! Just go to the contest section & get your guess in.

Joe
Welcome!  Go Leafs!  Or is it the Senators?  One of my best friends is from Haileybury. You have found a great site.  Everyone on here is amazing and they have vast knowledge of just about every type of detecting.  

P.S.
Joe likes to say 'loonies' because he is a looney.
(03-23-2014 07:24 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]P.S.
Joe likes to say 'loonies' because he is a looney.

True Happy That's a LOT of bottles in your avatar, Eric! What's the oldest you've found?

Joe
Thank you everyone for the welcome! To answer your question Joe my oldest dug bottle is a free blown with a nice sloppy pontil that I think dates to 1860 maybe? (I'll attach a pic) I've dug shards of older bottles mostly wines though and none complete. I think I'll give that contest a go to, I've dug a lot of horse shoes lol.
Hello from me on this rainy day in england . I have relatives that live in nova scotia ( probably not spelt correct) but anyway , enjoy the adventures and im just starting metal detecting myself if i get my backside in gear !
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's