Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sundays finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went out Sunday did the 4 hr. drive to go see some friend and do some detecting got a little head of abe Lincoln, Gold plated ring and a sweet arrow point
[attachment=1603]
[attachment=1602]
Cool.  That's some interesting finds.
Love that Lincoln Head.  Arrow heads are such cool finds!
Nice job!
That Abe head is unique!
I admire you guys for finding those arrow heads! I've never found one before, but, it would be the prize of a lifetime for me. To hold something that was handmade by someone hundreds & hundreds of years ago is too cool Yes

What's the story on the Lincoln head? That's a first for me.

Joe
Nice keepers!  Congrats!  The more interesting the more fun to find!
The arrow head was the last find of the day just laying there just as it is in the picture no dirt on it at all. what was funny was a friends girl friend was there just looking for arrowheads with no luck she went to the car and after 30 min I find this one and out she came again with no luck.
The Lincoln head is a neat thing my buddy first found a Lincoln presidential token and 30 ft away I find his head so are the associated I don't have a clue
COOOOOOOL!!
Any clue on the Lincoln head....what's it from, etc???
Late to the party again here. Nice ring. Those Lincoln Plaques are unusual to say the least. Found one last year with aerator holes in it in a soccer field.
Here's a reference to the variety:
[attachment=1621]

Here's the one I found at being so big about 12". This one is about 6 inches long and weighs in at 13.5 oz. I think it's copper. But it looks like cast bronze. At first I thought they were bullet holes not thinking of aerator holes. Just goes to show you how much dirt gets moved from place to place for fill. Was your spot new or renovated?
[attachment=1622]
Good find none the less. HH.
Cool plaques the spot I found mine was the first time we detected there was a old building spot out in a field all buildings were gone but was on a 1875 plat map
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's