Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silvers and wheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys I got out for a couple hours Saturday to a spot I hunted pretty hard last year. I pulled several silvers and a handful of wheats from there in the past so figured I would see if the spot would give up anymore silvers and it did.. I got one merc, it was a 1928 plain. Today I got out for most of the day dug a ton of clad and junk of course but I also scored a few wheats, a 1944s merc(witch is cool even though it's a 44 because I don't find many "s" mint mark coins), 1899 barber dime, and a sterling silver ring with "WWJD" on it. (What Would Jesus Do). The silvers and wheats came from the same spot today witch I had never been to and the ring came from a school I hit for little while on the way home. It was a good weekend I'm a sucker for the old coins, love the mercs and barbers. Unfortunately no Indians yet this year.. Maybe tomorrow I have the day off and an old home to hunt.

[attachment=1654]
Sorry about the crappy pick I didn't have much time so I just got one up quick I can put some better ones up later if you guys want.
A 3 silver weekend is damn good! If you could do that for, figure 8 months (since we have winters off here in the NE) out of the year, you'd have about a 100 silvers per season!!! I'm with you, I'm mainly a coin nut. Seeing that shiny in the hole still gets my blood boiling after all these years. Fantastic hunt!!!

Joe
I had a 2 sliver weekend and thought I could retire!!!!!!!! Nice hunt in Spades!!!! Keep it coming!!!
Very nice,keep at it and show us some more.
Nice job!!  Great finds.
Excellent!

Gotta love the Barbers!
Great hunt. Three silver dimes and a ring. Sweet.
Nice hunt.
Reference URL's