Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: another powder flask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Went back to the mining camp with my son. Got this bitchin powder flask..looks military to my greenhorn eyes(Ron?,lol) Also  a Chinese coin,underwear button,,etc. The thing thats cut out of the pic at top is ahandle to a spoon or fork...my son researched it,and it dates 1849-1851. Couldnt find tje spoon to our wreath buckles,maybe next time.
[attachment=3928][attachment=3929]
My friend, that is a BADASS find!!! Did you find it with the Deus? How deep was it? Ray, congrats, I think that puppy needs to be up top! The eagle on it is clearly visible, and it's in great shape. Phenomenal find, brother!!!

Joe
I did a little research, and didn't find any that matched yours exactly. All of the ones I saw the shields were much smaller, whereas yours is very large. Here's a link to an eagle variety that sold at auction...

http://www.icollector.com/High-Condition..._i14554254

Joe
Ray, that might be a rarer type, as none of my internet searches turned up one with a large shield like yours. Every one I've come across has a smaller shield which the eagle is carrying. I'm sure Ron will nail it in a jiffy, as he's found a few before. Man, I'm jealous brother, that's a sick find!!!

Joe
Thanks dude. I was pretty stoked on that one.Used the Deus last week, today was swinging the Tejon with 10x12 coil. Flask was 8-10 "deep.
Awesome finds! That spot's got to have more to find.
Ray that is 'Bitchin'!  it sure looks military with the shield and Pluribus enum.  

I agree, top spot for Ray is my vote.
tried to get better pics
[attachment=3930]
[attachment=3931]
That flask is awesome.
Not at all a  commonly seen pattern.
Thanks Caprock! Yes,I was surprised...the ones Ive found before have a hunting scene.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's