Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: GA Flint River Bluff, No Detecting!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Caught this today! The county next to me here in Ohio has the exact same restrictions for their parks.

http://www.thomastontimes.com/news/home_...s-at-Bluff
That's some strict restrictions to completely ban all use of detectors. It sounds like there is more behind this that is not being told.
Sounds like VA. You can't detect anywhere but private property there.
Wow, what a surprise! Not. Sadly, this is becoming the norm. And these bureaucrats are quite sly, too. For instance...

In many a spot here in NJ, metal detecting IS allowed. However, disturbing the soil in ANY way is prohibited. Now, you tell me, what's the use in metal detecting if one can't disturb the soil?! Wink

They ALWAYS find a way to get ya. Locking Capone up on a violent crime proved almost impossible, as he and his men were so astute, so, they got him on tax fraud.

Screw'm ALL!!!

Joe
(02-02-2015 07:02 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, what a surprise! Not. Sadly, this is becoming the norm. And these bureaucrats are quite sly, too. For instance...

In many a spot here in NJ, metal detecting IS allowed. However, disturbing the soil in ANY way is prohibited. Now, you tell me, what's the use in metal detecting if one can't disturb the soil?! Wink

They ALWAYS find a way to get ya. Locking Capone up on a violent crime proved almost impossible, as he and his men were so astute, so, they got him on tax fraud.

Screw'm ALL!!!

Joe

So you can be arrested for falling in the mud?
(02-02-2015 07:15 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2015 07:02 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, what a surprise! Not. Sadly, this is becoming the norm. And these bureaucrats are quite sly, too. For instance...

Screw'm ALL!!!

Joe

So you can be arrested for falling in the mud?

Wouldn't be surprised if they went that far Yes Any destruction of the turf/soil is off limits. Cutting a plug, digging, removing a flower from the ground, etc. Nothing. No way around it.

Joe
Do you guy's ever work with http://www.mdhtalk.org/news/join-the-fight.htm
They seem much more active on these legal issues than anyone else.
Here in Wisconsin the DNR has made it illegal to detect anywhere in the water and no on state land. The actually come out and said they own everything in the water and under the water. We fought them for years and when the Indians got involved all our support disappeared. Lots of money spent on fighting this and some help from federation
(02-02-2015 08:15 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Here in Wisconsin the DNR has made it illegal to detect anywhere in the water and no on state land. The actually come out and said they own everything in the water and under the water. We fought them for years and when the Indians got involved all our support disappeared. Lots of money spent on fighting this and some help from federation

Yeah, same shit with all those guys down in FL. Some hard working, bright guy has the gumption to go out and find treasure a few miles offshore, and WAIT, you can't have it, it's ours!!! What do they NOT own?

My buddy slipped in front of a bank and got busted up bad, because of an uneven slab. NOBODY wanted to take responsibility. City said it was the bank's fault. Bank said it was the city's fault. City said it fell on the DOT, yadda, yadda, yadda. Yet...

The minute something of value is found, surprise, we know EXACTLY who the land belongs to! Puke

Joe
(02-02-2015 07:47 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guy's ever work with http://www.mdhtalk.org/news/join-the-fight.htm
They seem much more active on these legal issues than anyone else.

Mike, thanks for the link. I bookmarked it for reading when I have time! Thanks again!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's