Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Brain Teaser with a REWARD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Coleman ball nut for the very top of the Lantern
(02-14-2015 08:42 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Coleman ball nut for the very top of the Lantern

Nope. They are Mantle Nozzles or sometimes called Burner Caps. I just don't know who made them.
Top = CapĀ 

My guess is still Coleman - most folks had those camping but then again I haven't been scouting in a long while
(02-14-2015 09:19 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Top = CapĀ 

My guess is still Coleman - most folks had those camping but then again I haven't been scouting in a long while

That would be a vent nut.

Here's a shot of a Burner Cap 220 Brass Hex for a mid 50's Coleman:
Yeah but the old ones were in the shape of a ball. I think your on the right track

What say ye - OHIO DIGGER
(02-14-2015 10:05 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but the old ones were in the shape of a ball. I think your on the right track

What say ye - OHIO DIGGER

Yeah I think so. It's pretty frustrating looking at the myriad # of parts diagrams and trying to find a match when some of those diagrams are so old. I am not going to give up though. If I can find the date of mfg. I will be happy. That way I can ID the site more closely and search the area with a little more care. I remembered the spot I found the other one in and am going to go back to both areas first thing in the Spring. I've been pretty surprised by some of the campsites I've found.
I understand and good luck. Maybe you will dig up something that will give you a better idea of the time period for that area's usage. You never know
Im thinking petromax early 1930s
Valve caps off of a musical instrument...?
(05-07-2015 06:59 PM)seh1265 Wrote: [ -> ]Valve caps off of a musical instrument...?

Well that's certainly a new aspect. Got anything to give me a clue. And what are they doing in the woods 1/4 mile from a road? But ya never can tell!

Ed/ODF
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's