Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: *March 2015 WINNER - Predator Digger!*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, guys, spring is coming, and I want to get all of you, EVERY SINGLE MEMBER pumped up for the new season!!!

This contest is for a shiny, brand spanking new, Predator Digger! These are hand made by the maestro himself, Mr. George Lesche. This model is one of the newer ones, it's called; "The Ranger" (pics below). It is a BEAST. I use a Predator on my hunts, and it is the gold standard tool of most metal detecting turf hunters. How do you win? Simple...

Just go into the thread entitled "Contest Showcase" in the Show & Tell section, or, use this link: http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...tor-digger - and upload your best find, or finds. YES, you can submit as many as you'd like Happy You MUST have your entry in by NOON on Friday, March 13th 2015 (spooky end date, lol).

That's it!!!

I will pick the winner myself, after all of the entries are in, and announce it right here, on the forum.

Finds do NOT need to have been made today, or even recently. Further, you do not need to enter them all in one post. If you need to dig around, and fish things out of display cases and whatnot, feel free to post them separately.

*ONLY CONTEST RULE* - All finds posted for the contest MUST be made in the "Contest Showcase" thread. I, we, Treasure Classifieds, will not be responsible for moving any posts. Simply follow the rules Happy

*DO NOT POST FINDS IN THIS THREAD, READ THE RULES! I have already moved several entries for the contest into the appropriate area, and will NOT be doing so again. If you post here, it will not be moved, and your entry will NOT be valid*

Let's kick the $hit outta this contest Yes

Joe
This is one great contest and a great digger I have three predators already and and can use more. Competition is going to be tough and I will be in England so I have to post before I leave and will not get to throw some of my low stuff first. So don't be afraid to post after I get done, I cannot wait to see everything.
Good Luck
Sweet digger. Let me dig through this pile of pulltabs. Gotta be something good here.
So joe when is this march contest starting. I want to get posting I only have a couple days.
It's already started!!! Get posting!!!!! Beer

Joe
Posted..... Yes
You guys are posting in the wrong area. All finds for the contest must only be uploaded to this thread: http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...2#pid19682

Joe
This is right up my ally, I need a shovel and can't afford one. I need to win this bad!!
Beware all Friday the 13th is coming! Maybe you should post the winner at the witching hour, 1am
Before I state who won the Predator Digger, let me thank EVERYONE for submitting their finds. INCREDIBLY AMAZING would be an understatement! This contest wasn’t just meant to win a shovel, as I’m sure most of us can easily go out and buy one, if we chose to. Rather, this was about showing our personal best, and sharing within the community. Some guy’s hunt relics, some coins, there are beach hunters, and gold prospectors, but, no matter what type of hunting floats our boat, we all have one thing in common: We are a fraternity, and we love this hobby.

While digging in the dirt or sand for a prize is exciting, the true reason we partake in this pursuit is much deeper, IMO.

I have never held a contest where I was to solely pick the winner, as I like to keep things fully transparent…fair & square. And what with all of the amazing finds, it is virtually impossible to pick the “best” one. Yet, I must. So, I decided to base a healthy amount of my decision on which find I feel represents what this hobby is truly about. One that showcases what we do in the best light. That highlights a deeper meaning of why we do what we do.

While it mightn’t be something that is hundreds or thousands of years old, while it mightn’t be something that commands a sky-high dollar value, and while it certainly isn’t a rare find by our standards, the post that I feel best exemplifies what this hobby stands for, is…

Canadiandex, and his spoon ring piece with his son. As I said above, the find itself is secondary in this case. It’s the story. It’s what the story represents, what it says about us as detectorist’s, and most importantly, as human beings. Make no mistake…

Pretty soon one day in the future, we will ALL be old & weary. There will come a day when we are physically not able to hunt anymore, due to age, sickness, etc. At that point, we will only have our memories of this beautiful hobby. And I can assure you…

We might forget about that nice mercury dime we found. That beautiful gold ring might slip our mind. The rare, old token we were so thrilled to dig mightn’t even register in our brain. Those are all things. Things which brought us some temporary, fleeting joy in this journey called life. However…

What we will NOT forget, are the stories and the people. The day you left your detector at home, and drove an hour to your hunting spot, and wanted to kill someone because of your anger, might bring a smile to your face. The outing you had with your son or daughter, where you didn’t find much, but had quality bonding time between family, will certainly bring a tear to your eye. Your hunting buddies, and all of the laughs, the ball breaking and other nonsense, should provide a hearty chuckle or two. You get the point.

The finds of this hobby are the icing on the cake. It’s the stories and the people which are the REAL treasure. I would ask that all of you, everyone who entered, go back and take a peek at the photo of Canadiandex holding his find (top of page 5). Then, look in the background and see the wide smile on his son’s face. THAT is worth more than anything in the world Happy
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's