Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Site Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had a good convo with a member the other night, and he suggested we implement a section for those that are newer to the hobby. It's really a fantastic idea, and is sorely needed. So, we'll be putting up a new section specifically for basic, entry-level information geared towards someone still getting their feet wet in the hobby. If anyone cares to pitch in and share tips, write a post/article, start a thread on a specific detector, etc., it would be great. In addition...

As I do from time to time, I'd like to solicit opinions and/or suggestions you guys may have, on how to expand upon our site, and make it even better or more of a destination than it is now. Anything you guys want to toss into the ring, let'r rip Yes

Joe
Sounds great BeerYesBeerYesCool! Glad to hear there will be a section dedicated to beginners like myself.
I will be a part of this section and give my 1¢ and help as much as possible! As I'm not quite sure I have 2¢ to give yet as i'm still a beginner as well like I saidTongue! But I will do my best!

Hope to see you guys there and I hope to some posts!

GL and HH

Zach
Great idea Joe!!

Ed
I think that idea is great Joe,.here is a idea i will throw out there maybe a trade relic section. People like myself cant find civil war relics and some cant find colonial stuff,,so a spot  where people can make a place to post items for items,,no cash involved,,example my derringer toy gun for a couple civil way relics
(12-23-2015 11:54 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea Joe!!

Ed

Thanks, but not mine, all Zach Big Grin

(12-23-2015 07:58 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]I think that idea is great Joe,.here is a idea i will throw out there maybe a trade relic section. People like myself cant find civil war relics and some cant find colonial stuff,,so a spot  where people can make a place to post items for items,,no cash involved,,example my derringer toy gun for a couple civil way relics

That's a good one, let's add it to the list, and see what everyone else comes up with Yes

P.S. - Even though we don't have a section like that now, in a pinch, you could always post something in the Detectorists Lounge, or even place a TRADE ad on the classifieds Wink

Joe
(12-23-2015 07:58 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]I think that idea is great Joe,.here is a idea i will throw out there maybe a trade relic section. People like myself cant find civil war relics and some cant find colonial stuff,,so a spot  where people can make a place to post items for items,,no cash involved,,example my derringer toy gun for a couple civil way relics

Sounds interesting and neat to me but I'm not sure how it'd work. Have to add some sort of securities and safety to make sure you're not going to be scammed. I'm sure 99.99 of us are honest men. I think your idea is great, just needs some sort of precaution. At least in my opinion. If it wasn't someone I was familiar with on the site I'd be a little wary, just a littleee. Because you just never know. But I'll 2nd the thought of the "The trading post." On thee forum.

I hope Mr.Joe likes the idea as well and can maybe incorporate the idea into the forums or maybe into classifieds some how. Which come to think of it, I think there is a "trade" there. But over there on classifieds its just a trade for detectors, coils, pin pointers, diggin tools and miscellaneous... Maybe relics and also coins can be a part of that. Or its own section on the forums. I'd like to see it in the future and would test it out. Thanks for the neat idea Scott!

Keep the ideas flowing gentleman

Edit: As I scrolled up to respond to another message on the thread I saw that you, Joe, already replied... Guess my old self needs to wear my glasses in the morning.

(12-23-2015 08:57 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Thanks, but not mine either Bandit. It was the shrooms. Last outing I was just strolling a long minding my own business, hungry as usual, and saw a nice mushshroom. I opened up my mushroomopedia nature book and ided it to be safeYesYes
Boy was I wrong...30 minutes into detecting I had leprachauns in speedos riding unicorns and $h!t running around with detectors looking for their lost gold...
But anywho, I continued detecting and shortly after 23 nails, 9 pull tabs, and a eraser cap I stumped upon a stinkin lincoln.. I was quite excited as I thought I found something nice since it was a pretty sweet tone, but I was wrong, once again. As I revealed the coin and saw..I quote "damn, &$?$$#% $&#%! Wish this was some silver or something actually cool!"
And to my surprise once again, stinking Lincoln starts speaking to me while I'm rubbing the dirt off looking for the date..he says "hey you, I'm not a genie so quit rubbing me, and don't you know, that's how you scratch your coins, ya noob!"
Obviously he scared the $h!t out of me ( thank goodness for the tp in my backpack) and I dropped him...! He landed right on his head, directly straight down into the dirt, just up to his mouth. Boy, was he p!ss3d! He started screaming " you mother jdiifjejd I'm was going to fjjcjdfjf
You fjfjid" all muffled, not being able to make out his words I picked him back up. And he says, "four score and seven years ago...I met a man like you. Looking for treasure. The name was Wilkes, john Wilkes. He was such a chatterbug, gave me a real headache. But after all his non sense it gave me an idea. To make a section on treasureclassifieds to help beginners like himself" and right then and there I threw him back into the hole, covered it up and came on here and told Joe about the idea.

Thee end
(12-24-2015 08:06 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds interesting and neat to me but I'm not sure how it'd work. Have to add some sort of securities and safety to make sure you're not going to be scammed. I'm sure 99.99 of us are honest men. I think your idea is great, just needs some sort of precaution. At least in my opinion. If it wasn't someone I was familiar with on the site I'd be a little wary, just a littleee. Because you just never know. But I'll 2nd the thought of the "The trading post." On thee forum.

I hope Mr.Joe likes the idea as well and can maybe incorporate the idea into the forums or maybe into classifieds some how. Which come to think of it, I think there is a "trade" there. But over there on classifieds its just a trade for detectors, coils, pin pointers, diggin tools and miscellaneous... Maybe relics and also coins can be a part of that. Or its own section on the forums. I'd like to see it in the future and would test it out. Thanks for the neat idea Scott!

Keep the ideas flowing gentleman

Edit: As I scrolled up to respond to another message on the thread I saw that you, Joe, already replied... Guess my old self needs to wear my glasses in the morning.

(12-23-2015 08:57 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Thanks, but not mine either Bandit. It was the shrooms. Last outing I was just strolling a long minding my own business, hungry as usual, and saw a nice mushshroom. I opened up my mushroomopedia nature book and ided it to be safeYesYes
Boy was I wrong...30 minutes into detecting I had leprachauns in speedos riding unicorns and $h!t running around with detectors looking for their lost gold...
But anywho, I continued detecting and shortly after 23 nails, 9 pull tabs, and a eraser cap I stumped upon a stinkin lincoln.. I was quite excited as I thought I found something nice since it was a pretty sweet tone, but I was wrong, once again. As I revealed the coin and saw..I quote "damn, &$?$$#% $&#%! Wish this was some silver or something actually cool!"
And to my surprise once again, stinking Lincoln starts speaking to me while I'm rubbing the dirt off looking for the date..he says "hey you, I'm not a genie so quit rubbing me, and don't you know, that's how you scratch your coins, ya noob!"
Obviously he scared the $h!t out of me ( thank goodness for the tp in my backpack) and I dropped him...! He landed right on his head, directly straight down into the dirt, just up to his mouth. Boy, was he p!ss3d! He started screaming " you mother jdiifjejd I'm was going to fjjcjdfjf
You fjfjid" all muffled, not being able to make out his words I picked him back up. And he says, "four score and seven years ago...I met a man like you. Looking for treasure. The name was Wilkes, john Wilkes. He was such a chatterbug, gave me a real headache. But after all his non sense it gave me an idea. To make a section on treasureclassifieds to help beginners like himself" and right then and there I threw him back into the hole, covered it up and came on here and told Joe about the idea.

Thee end

LOL. Lay off those shrooms Tongue

Joe
Yes I think it would be hard to control a trade section, I would always be happy to help out a fellow treasure classifieds true buddy but how do you tell unless a person is really known
(12-24-2015 09:46 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I think it would be hard to control a trade section, I would always be happy to help out a fellow treasure classifieds true buddy but how do you tell unless a person is really known

The PRIMARY reason I started the classifieds, which I've said here a few times, was out of frustration & necessity. I was looking for a CZ3D Los Banos unit, a few years ago, and they're not easy to find. I would browse the forums seeking one, and I found myself being forced to join a million different forums, just to use their classifieds. That made no sense to me. So, I felt the world needed an INDEPENDENT classifieds for used detectors. A place one can use without being held hostage on a forum. With over 10,000 registered members on the classifieds, it far eclipses our community. But...

Staying true to the original vision, nobody that utilizes the classifieds is FORCED to also join this forum. This hurts us in a way, because there really is no way to vet who someone is on the classifieds. Whereas with another forum, a user MUST be an active forum member to buy, sell & trade. It's a double edged sword, Steve.

Joe
(12-24-2015 04:49 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2015 08:06 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL. Lay off those shrooms Tongue

Joe

Yes father...BeerBeer
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's