Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #34>36!!!! MERC MADNESS!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went back to that hunting camp site and hit it again. This time though I approached it from the woods to the West. It takes about 25 minutes walking just to get to the area so I don't even turn the detector on until I'm at the edge of the area. I get there, turn on the detector, swing for about 50 feet and BAM! Solid 4-29 high tone!! And I'm about 150 yards West of the campsite by my reckoning. Pop the plug, see the rim, 1935 Merc!! A foot away I get another strong high tone but the digital is bouncy! Cut a plug and pop it, up turns a 37 Wheat AND an unfired 22 Long bullet which I later see says Hi Speed with a U in the center!! So I think I'm doing pretty good, since I just got there, and hope it doesn't jinx the rest of the hunt. Knowing I'm that far away from the campsite I really take my time doing pattern searches for about 2 hours before I get to it. As soon as I get there, BAM, a 1939 Merc! 6 feet from where I found that 1923 Merc yesterday!!! It's a mystery to me too! Then a foot away a 1953 D Wheat! Then about 12 feet from the 1939, BAM, a 1926 Merc.

Then nothing for the next hour so I packed it in around 4:30PM. Was 90F according to my phone going out but I carried in 3 bottles of ice water (one I froze at the concession stand) and did the wet towel thing all afternoon. There was also a real nice breeze gusting up to about 20 mph so it really wasn't that bad out. I'll tell you though, that towel helped a lot. About every hour I'd pour some ice water on it and re-apply it over my neck! What a difference that made!

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Ed/ODF
Congratulations on the pretty ladies! Wow, I know that was exciting. Thanks for provide enough details and I was there too! I'll have to try the cold wet towel, but I have to find a towel Chuckle, I have gotten in trouble concerning her towels. Think GL HH!
Great hunt ! You are a real trooper getting out in this heat , after working 8 hours I just couldn't talk myself into it.
GL & HH
Pat
You're picken em off at a pretty good rate there Ed Yes

BeerBeer
(06-20-2016 07:19 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on the pretty ladies! Wow, I know that was exciting. Thanks for provide enough details and I was there too! I'll have to try the cold wet towel, but I have to find a towel Chuckle, I have gotten in trouble concerning her towels. Think GL HH!

I bought a bunch of nice soft terry cloth hand towels over at WalMart for I think around $3 apiece. I'm in that boat with the woman too! $3 towels beats GRIEF!

Ed
Ed, you have hit a sweet spot, congratulations.
I love the wet towel on the neck - it has worked for me in the past a few times.
(06-20-2016 08:09 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]Great hunt ! You are a real trooper getting out in this heat , after working 8 hours I just couldn't talk myself into it.
GL & HH
Pat

Pat, I only work part time. I get 4 maybe 5 hours a day in unless it's a tournament setup. So I'm in at 8 and out at noon. Usually! My staff does all the work mostly. I'm there to make sure it's done right and have enough stuff on hand to keep them busy. We are all out of tournaments as of this past weekend and the only thing we have going is a Juvenile Diabetes benefit event this coming Saturday, but all that is stock field use and a small one day gig. So I'm free pretty much every afternoon until the middle of July. And I'm going to keep on swinging! I get your drift though. Those days when I do put in 8 or 9 hours, well, a good supper in the AC and a good nights rest are more important. Wink

Ed

(06-20-2016 09:11 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]You're picken em off at a pretty good rate there Ed Yes

BeerBeer

Yes Wayne, and thanks! But I may have picked them all off for that spot! So it's back to the hiking, searching and drawing board for me!! I gotta look up that 22 Long. I think it's United Cartridge but that's just a wild guess. Should help to give me a 3 point year clue with the 35 Merc, 37 Wheat and that bullet. I can't believe I've found so many silver in that general area. Wayne, it's never been detected!!!!!! I wish I had a Deus. And I know, single digit machines are my downfall, but, the Deus may give me some depth. The place is LOADED with mineralization and iron.

Ed

(06-20-2016 10:31 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, you have hit a sweet spot, congratulations.
I love the wet towel on the neck - it has worked for me in the past a few times.

Thanks BigT and that towel is a real lifesaver when the heat cranks up! Yes

Ed
Damn man you're on fire! I'm sure this isn't going to end any time soon. Plenty more silvers in that area to be found. Keep at it and best of luck! Keep staying cool YesBeer
(06-20-2016 11:06 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn man you're on fire! I'm sure this isn't going to end any time soon. Plenty more silvers in that area to be found. Keep at it and best of luck! Keep staying cool YesBeer

Thanks Zach!!! I'll keep on keepin' on!! Yes

Ed
Your research and efforts in the field are paying off in a great way and the silver totals keep on adding up.  You must have quite a collection by now. I keep expecting to see you hit one of those caches that Tony was asking about.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's