Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A Solid Copper - eh - ornament?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, this past weekend when I was relic hunting with my buddy Geoff I found a solid copper type of ornament or something.
It is 5 inches long and the middle is 1/2 wide. It has a SOL COPPER stamp on the back with a small box in between the SOL and Copper.
Neat find with details. But I have know idea what it was used for. Let us know what you find out.
That's an interesting piece Tony. Looks like a solid copper (SOL COPPER) bracelet with a mounting box for a stone, maybe turquoise or a mood stone. If it's old it may be something like art nouveau or if newer maybe one of those bracelets that are supposed to help with arthritis.
It could be a bracelet as Shade said, or it may even be a hair beret. I've found several similar pieces, and all were bent under a few times, with only the decorative front showing, which is how women would hold them in their hair. Bracelet or beret (or anything else), it's a nice relic of the past Yes
Thanks Shade and Joe. It does look like a box for a stone of some type in the center.
Yeah bracket is probably right, just wrap I around your wrist and it's on.
Thanks again
I'd say bracelet as well. Nice find, looks older to me. Congrats!
Thanks Zach, yeah it probably is older due to the patina being green. It's been there awhile.
a Gumball Machine Bendit Bracelet for kids Happy a .50 cent treasure!
Clad, really? A solid copper 5 inch bracelet from a gumball machine, I guess it's possible.

Thanks for looking
Not a recent machine but 35 years ago I can still recall seeing them in the machines along with rings and my mother saying you don't want those they will turn your skin green!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's