Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Forum Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah, we're working on the text issue, Zach. Out of curiosity, what operating system are you accessing the forum through when it happens? Desktop or mobile device?

Dusty, glad you like it. I'm still getting used to it, and find myself fumbling around a bit, but that normally happens when I try something new. We were very behind in doing this, and it needed to be done, as the forum has to be easily accessible for people on a wide range of devices, with an emphasis on mobile, since that's what most people use to go online nowadays.

***UPDATE*** - As mentioned above, Gil is working on the text issue, and it might take a day or two to sort out. However, again, if you're typing out your post/reply and you see the letters are off, don't attempt to fix it, as the post will look fine once it's published. It will only look weird in the text editor area. Also, as of right now, there is NO way to quote multiple people when responding to someone's post, like on the old layout, but we're working on that, too.

Aside from the 2 issues mentioned, everything else seems to be working perfectly.
(01-05-2017 08:58 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, we're working on the text issue, Zach. Out of curiosity, what operating system are you accessing the forum through when it happens? Desktop or mobile device?

Dusty, glad you like it. I'm still getting used to it, and find myself fumbling around a bit, but that normally happens when I try something new. We were very behind in doing this, and it needed to be done, as the forum has to be easily accessible for people on a wide range of devices, with an emphasis on mobile, since that's what most people use to go online nowadays.

***UPDATE*** - As mentioned above, Gil is working on the text issue, and it might take a day or two to sort out. However, again, if you're typing out your post/reply and you see the letters are off, don't attempt to fix it, as the post will look fine once it's published. It will only look weird in the text editor area. Also, as of right now, there is NO way to quote multiple people when responding to someone's post, like on the old layout, but we're working on that, too.

Aside from the 2 issues mentioned, everything else seems to be working perfectly.
My cell phone which is a android
I've encountered another issue or two, but nothing extreme. However, Shade is having some major problems, which is more than likely due to the upgrade. Sorry guys, we'll get it all under control. I grew to love the old version, and this change is tough for me too, but it was needed, and the new version is kinda growing on me already. ***Please use this thread to report any bugs, glitches or issues any of you are having***
Joe I am still having problems, but I think it's due to the poor state of my computer. It's an old desktop that's been limping along on borrowed time for about a year, and I had been considering a new one after Christmas anyway because of all the issues I've had.
(01-06-2017 11:07 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Joe I am still having problems, but I think it's due to the poor state of my computer. It's an old desktop that's been limping along on borrowed time for about a year, and I had been considering a new one after Christmas anyway because of all the issues I've had.

I'd bet the farm it has something to do with the upgrade, Shade Wink What are the odds your system goes batty the day after we install the newest forum version? Hold tight, and we'll get you squared away as soon as we can.
Update looks great!  I have not encountered any issues yet!  Thanks guys!
I might have missed this but did you take away Updating Signatures? If not where is the User CP area?

Now that you mention it, it appears you're correct. I didn't even notice it, as dealing with this upgrade has been hectic. However, we weren't planning on disabling that function, so I'll figure out what happened and try to remedy it. Everyone, please be patient, as we have several issues to work through, and all should be resolved in the coming days.
(01-07-2017 06:05 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I might have missed this but did you take away Updating Signatures? If not where is the User CP area?

Now that you mention it, it appears you're correct. I didn't even notice it, as dealing with this upgrade has been hectic. However, we weren't planning on disabling that function, so I'll figure out what happened and try to remedy it. Everyone, please be patient, as we have several issues to work through, and all should be resolved in the coming days.

Tony, since we've been dealing with this update, I haven't had time to mess around with everything fully, and I'm just as blind as some of you are when it comes to the new layout. Concerning the signature issue though, it was not disabled, nor has it been affected by the update. Here's how you can edit it...

1. On the top of the forum, you'll see the default header bar. This is always in that position, and will move as you scroll down on the page. Next to where it says Treasure Classifieds, you'll see 3 black bars (photo below). If you click it, it will open a menu, then choose USER CP.

2. Once you're in your USER CP, if you scroll down a tiny bit, also on the left, you'll see a MENU tab which also has 3 black bars next to it. If you click on those bars, it will lead you to the full suite of options you have at your disposal just like before, and editing your signature is one of them.

Try it once or twice, and you'll see it's very simple to use. It's a bit hidden unfortunately, but having the website optimized for all mobile devices does come at a cost. Everything needs to be minimized or abbreviated. The upside however, is that the forum will load quicker, it will be easier to read, and everybody - on virtually any device - will all be able to experience the forum fully, without any differences.
I don't see that on my yellow bar on top of the web page. I logged out and back in but no MENU with little bars.
No big deal for me, I start my job in a few hours.
(01-08-2017 01:47 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see that on my yellow bar on top of the web page. I logged out and back in but no MENU with little bars.
No big deal for me, I start my job in a few hours.

Tony, it's not a yellow bar, it's a white one. That is the header I'm speaking of (photo below). It has the Treasure Classifieds logo on it, and to the right (if you're logged in), it shows your forum name, etc. It moves downward as you scroll down the site. On this bar is where you'll find the 3 black bars, which are immediately on the left of the logo (again, see photo).

Can you take a picture of your screen when you're logged in, then post it here? It would help to see what you're seeing...or not seeing.

I know Shade had an issue too, and the bar, as well as a few other things, weren't working properly. But he updated his system and all was then fine.

Gil and I have quite a few issues we're trying to sort through, so, please be patient everyone. Also, if ANYONE is experiencing any glitches, it is important you post them here in this thread, or we may not be able to resolve them for you, as we do not know about them.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's