Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Forum Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Tony. Not sure exactly what problems you're having but I had a real mess at first. Couldn't see the banner, PM notifications, the red sign-up flag, recent posters,  etc.
Had to go to the tools icon for Internet Explorer at the top of my screen and look for compatibility view settings. Once there I clicked and removed TC from the compatibility view box. Cleared  up everything instantly. Might be something similar with your set-up.
Shade, you are right there is a differance between chrome and safari. I'll have to play around when I have some time.
Thank you
Most everything should be working now, for everyone. And since there's no additional updates in this thread, I have no reason to assume otherwise. We're still rectifying the text box glitch, but aside from that feature acting a bit goofy, everybody is able to post fine. We still have some things to add, and other things to disable, but nothing that would openly affect the performance of the forum. So, hope everyone is able to experience the new updated platform with no issues.

If anyone still catches a glitch, or is having any problems, let us know.
This update is not phone friendly. You can't see the full screen and when you try to post half your text is hidden. Just seems real awkward. I have a decent size phone too. Galaxy S6. No offense intended., but this is not good for mobile devices. No
I know you can get in trouble for calling their baby ugly or call it constructive criticism. I do not like the new screen format, really sucks viewing it from a phone.

You use to be able to see the whole screen including the dates and last one that reply to the post. My eyes aren't what they use to be and if its to small I grab my glasses or I will adjust the zoom for the webpage if I'm on the computer.

Having the editing option, new post hidden is a set back too. No

And just in case Dusty wants to chime in, Don't! Devil &^*%&*($!
Keep working on that text issue Joe , I think it's important because as it is now it makes all my posts look like I'm using a cheapy little Samsung smart phone to type out my responses.Happy
Cheap? You're worst than I thought, probably mac users. Every since you made a smartass comment. I know your true colors, and I don't give a shit about you and your stupid taste in music. You think buying the most expensive is always the best i suppose. Easy to separate sacastic fools from their money.
Up, you won't hear any argument from me. I too found the older layout to be more appealing, and a bit more functional also. But most of my opinion is probably because I'm a creature of habit, and don't like change all that much. The few bugs we have - which we're still working on - are a PITA for sure, yet the site seems to function well save for those few issues. So, I think the newer layout will eventually grow on me, once the glitches are sorted out and I get used to it. I'm with you though 100% on your thoughts.

We didn't want to update the system as much as we needed to. The implementation of the newer software was critical though, as the old platform couldn't serve the needs of those on mobile devices well, and a good majority of people now access the internet solely on them. The issue with the text editor and a couple of other things will be worked out soon, but, unfortunately, the layout is something we're all going to have to get used to, no matter our personal preferences. I'll see what we can do to possibly make things more user friendly moving forward, but if we can do it it'll take some time.

If anyone is still having issues with the text editor, as I am, please remember...

When you're writing your post, the text will appear garbled in the text editor, but not when you finalize your post. It will look normal. If you try to fix the garbled text in the editor first, before finalizing your post, then yes, the finalized version will not be aligned correctly, and will look wonky.
I honestly make due with the new update. It's different and a little more difficult but not much at all. Like someone said, I use the s6 as well and I can't see all my text while my phone is facing up, it cuts off about 4 letters. Sometimes I gotta face it off to the side so I can read all the text but that's about it.
No biggie

BTW, up you can still edit posts. Click the downward arrow on the right side of your post.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's