Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Shrink Wrap Bags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
They are PVC and I believe will work just as well unless they tear easier. I guess we will just have to wait for the reports.

Mike
Got my bags yesterday and today put one on. I got the same size recommended but have dealt with heat shrink tubing when I worked and decided to test one bag on the CTX without trimming the size... I left it open on the bottom since no matter what you do, you will eventually get water inside the bag... I just decided once it is in there, it will drain better if left open. In the picture you will see what happens to the bag on the bottom where it couldn't shrink down anymore. All buttons still work, even the pinpoint button on the back of the unit. I'll get it in the water tomorrow and let everyone know how long it works out with the bag on. Worse case is I have to tear it off it the bag and water distort the screen view.

Cliff
[attachment=5433][attachment=5434]
Looks good Cliff. Looking forward to see if it works in the water.
Took the CTX out today for a little water hunt after working the wet sand. As expected, the bag did a great job on the sand that always seems to find its way on to the screen when I dry or wet sand hunt. What I liked about it most was when I saw sand on the screen, I didn't have to worry about wiping it off, who cares if you scratch the bag?  :-)
In the water it worked well with one exception, when water got into the bag, it partially covered the screen so you had an air bubble in the bag which did get in the way seeing the screen and targets shown. What I did to temporarily fix that was to turn the machine upside down underwater to let the air out... From here on out, I'm going to put a small pin hole in one of the bag corners (after shrinking the bag) to allow the air to get out and to aid in the water draining after use in the water. It shouldn't hurt the protective qualities of the PVC bag over the screen since the large opening is on the bottom.
This wouldn't be a problem for anyone using these for a land machine since you wouldn't have it in the water, just something us water hunters would have to think about.
Overall, I think these bags work great for the CTX and even for water hunters. I had no problems with the buttons or the pinpoint push button on the rear of the unit.
Trip was pretty successful too, 4 rings, 2 silver, 1 gold and 1 junk...

HH everyone
Cliff
Sweet. Good to hear it will work for the water hunter also.

Good finds Cliff
The first bag I put on my etrac looked a lot like yours.  But by using my clear packing tape to pull the slack out before I shrunk it did the trick.
Thanks Mike! Got my bags yesterday. I tried 1 but to much heat. LOL. My heat gun has 1 setting. I will try again.
Great. Keep it far away and bring it in with quick bursts. Good Luck
Any more shrink wrap photos or vids?
(03-16-2015 12:19 AM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]Any more shrink wrap photos or vids?

No pics or vids but I do have something I want to add about using them in water.... They do work really good if not great on keeping sand off the screen but once the water is inside the bag, it makes looking at the screen hard once out of the water. The remaining water drops condense like a fog preventing looking through the bag... it frustrated me enough I tore the bag off to continue my hunt...
Bags are great out of the water OR in the water but not both....in my opinion.

Cliff
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's