Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Shrink Wrap Bags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
CDV, terrific finds - you had a great hunt that day!
Thanks for sending the bags, Got them after I returned to England. Installed them look good. Turned the 3030 on and everything worked fine. I didn't take a picture then I headed out for my trip to Virginia. First stop in Illinois I broke out the detector everything turned on except the screen doesn't work so I had to tear the bag off. Still didn't get it working.
This is a good idea, I do not know why my machine died. But for the cost of the machine I don't think I will be putting one back on but I will be trying them on some other machines I do like the bags as it is a easy way to keep everything clean
Thanks
(03-20-2015 12:30 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sending the bags, Got them after I returned to England. Installed them look good. Turned the 3030 on and everything worked fine. I didn't take a picture then I headed out for my trip to Virginia. First stop in Illinois I broke out the detector everything turned on except the screen doesn't work so I had to tear the bag off. Still didn't get it working.
This is a good idea, I do not know why my machine died. But for the cost of the machine I don't think I will be putting one back on but I will be trying them on some other machines I do like the bags as it is a easy way to keep everything clean
Thanks

That is strange. Unless you left the heat gun pointed too long on the control box, I can't see this causing any damage, Steve. Do you think it has something to do with the wrap, or just an odd coincidence?

Joe
It has to be an odd coincidence.

No way you could heat up the control box enough (while shrinking the film) to effect the electronics.

That film would be melted long before the control box got to temperature to hurt the electronics. Not that I am an expert but I have been selling shrink films for 25 years. Happy
Glad you got the Bags Steve but sorry to hear about your screen failure. Let us know what was wrong once you get it fixed. I doubt the shrink was the problem but it would be nice to know for sure.

Mike
(03-20-2015 02:39 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you got the Bags Steve but sorry to hear about your screen failure. Let us know what was wrong once you get it fixed. I doubt the shrink was the problem but it would be nice to know for sure.

Mike

It's impossible it would've been the wrap. The only thing that COULD'VE happened, is he heated the control box too long, but as Ron pointed out, it obviously would've melted the wrap. I believe it's just an odd coincidence Yes

Joe
Any update on your machine? Is it working?
I've been out of town and read about the issue a few minutes ago.  So sorry the machine is down.  I tried an experiment.  One I should have done already but here it is.....  I set my heat gun to 350F and shrunk a bag over my hand to the point the shrinkage was done.  I was surprised that the bag only got slightly warm even as I held the gun in one place for a short time.  I was left with a nice hand shaped bag that was actually hard to remove.  I'm not saying it wasn't the heat.  I'm just saying even over my hand it wasn't hot.  It is possible a component or connection was at the verge of failure and the added handling and/or heat could have tipped the scales?  Not sure?
(03-20-2015 06:35 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]I've been out of town and read about the issue a few minutes ago.  So sorry the machine is down.  I tried an experiment.  One I should have done already but here it is.....  I set my heat gun to 350F and shrunk a bag over my hand to the point the shrinkage was done.  I was surprised that the bag only got slightly warm even as I held the gun in one place for a short time.  I was left with a nice hand shaped bag that was actually hard to remove.  I'm not saying it wasn't the heat.  I'm just saying even over my hand it wasn't hot.  It is possible a component or connection was at the verge of failure and the added handling and/or heat could have tipped the scales?  Not sure?

Thanks for going the extra mile to help out, house Yes We're all 100% certain that the culprit has nothing to do with the wrap, or the application, itself. It is surely something else that's on the fritz with his detector.

Joe
(03-20-2015 06:35 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]I've been out of town and read about the issue a few minutes ago.  So sorry the machine is down.  I tried an experiment.  One I should have done already but here it is.....  I set my heat gun to 350F and shrunk a bag over my hand to the point the shrinkage was done.  I was surprised that the bag only got slightly warm even as I held the gun in one place for a short time.  I was left with a nice hand shaped bag that was actually hard to remove.  I'm not saying it wasn't the heat.  I'm just saying even over my hand it wasn't hot.  It is possible a component or connection was at the verge of failure and the added handling and/or heat could have tipped the scales?  Not sure?

I think you are on to something. WE don't have to wrap our machine just our hands !!! LOL But nice experiment , thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's