Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Forum Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gil and I finally got around to updating the forum software, which will be finalized tomorrow. Everything is the same, but the layout will now be more mobile/smart phone friendly, and will load faster for those using non-desktop systems when accessing the forum. If you’re accessing the forum from a desktop, aside from loading a bit quicker, nothing will change except for the layout appearance mentioned above. The only thing noticeably different, will be the website header (the top portion of the forum). It will look more condensed, but still have all of the same items as before; blog, store, etc., which can be gotten to via a dropdown menu.

In addition, we’re working on adding a few other features, while we also disable some of the older, obsolete features.

If anyone experiences technical glitches of any kind, please send me a PM so I can log them and try to remedy the issue asap.

Giving ya'll a head's up, as I just noticed a minor glitch myself.

Joe
I'm fiddling around with the updated forum layout now for testing purposes, and forgot to add that when you make a post, that layout will be a bit different, too. If you wish to edit your post, or a number of other options, there will no longer be the boxes to choose from below. Instead, your choices can be made from a drop down menu, which you'll see for yourself once the changes go live tomorrow. It might feel a little clunky at first (as it does for me now), but you'll quickly get used to it, and, again, it was implemented to enhance the forum browsing experience for everyone, on a wide range of devices.

Joe
Cool beans! I look foward to it.
I hope there's a like feature. I like...those. it's handy for members who may not have much time to write a response. Or members who view threads but are shy to respond. Plus everyone likes comments and a like button!
Ok, I think that will help some folks.
Any new categories coming?
Thanks for the efforts you and Gil are putting in to keep the site smooth and efficient. Gitterbug and maybe one or two others here have mentioned the time and effort required to start and maintain a website, but I'm sure most of us are clueless and would be dumbfounded if we knew.
(01-04-2017 01:47 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the efforts you and Gil are putting in to keep the site smooth and efficient. Gitterbug and maybe one or two others here have mentioned the time and effort required to start and maintain a website, but I'm sure most of us are clueless and would be dumbfounded if we knew.
Yes, thank you for the site and what you both and Sven and everyone else who I may not know of. Thank you!
Thanks guys Yes Gil said it was going to be implemented today, so, just curious, is everyone being served up the new website version as of yet? He might have run into a technical glitch or something, but I'm pretty sure if you don't see it now, it'll appear soon.

I cannot figure out how to quote multiple members in a reply with this new version, lol. Think I need to fiddle around with this more Happy
I believe everyone now has the newest forum software. I have noticed a glitch here and there, as I'm getting use to the new layout. Just a heads up...

One of the things you'll notice, which I quickly did, is that the text box where you write your posts/replies is acting goofy. Normally, in most text boxes, when you're writing something, if there's no more space on the line you're on, it will move the current word you're typing down to the next line. This is not happening with the new layout. When there's no more space, it cuts the word off and moves the remaining letters to the next line. Kinda like this...

"I was thinking about going dete
cting tomorrow."

If you try to fix it, like I did, it messes up the formatting of the reply. But do know...the letters will appear cut off in the text box, but once you publish your post, it will be problem-free, and appear totally normal.

Not sure if others have noticed it, but it's odd, and we need to figure out the glitch. Again, if anyone spots or experiences any issues, let me know.
Cool beans. I did notice the latest glitch you noticed.
My update came this morning. I was like...whaaaats going on?!
I was confused for a second but got ahold of it for the mobile which I'd all I use. It's more compact for sure. More simpler, easier. Also, it is noticably faster by alot. Between loading and posting. There used to be a second or two lag. Now its instant. GoodjobYesYes
Now add a like button! Woooooo
Certainly makes the reading easier for ancient unaided eyes. Thumbs up for thatYes
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's